Field Service Technician - Corpus Christi
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company
with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission ofmaking our
world more productiveevery day by providing high-quality solutions,
technologies and services which are making our customers more
successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used
in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to
high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing,
hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers
state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer
expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit www.linde.com .
Location: Corpus, Christi
The Praxair On-Site Air Separation Plant Technician is responsible
for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of oxygen and
nitrogen producing plants in Corpus Christi, TX. This is a
challenging and rewarding job that requires sound technical
abilities in the primary on-site product line, along with knowledge
and abilities in instrumentation, controls, and electrical systems.
The Plant Technician must demonstrate initiative in handling issues
and be self-motivated. The Plant Technician must be on call and
able to respond as needed. On rare occasions overnight travel may
be needed for training and other plant support. Various training
will be provided in safety and plant operations to ensure maximum
The employee in this role solves field site issues and is
responsible for the general maintenance and production at the site.
The plant is located on a customer site. The technician must be
able to produce results with minimal supervision and has primary
responsibility for their assigned plants. The technician is
supported through managerial supervision, lead technicians,
engineers, sales and other technical support. Occasionally the
technician will travel to support locations outside the assigned
area and may be asked to assist in training and development. The
technician makes decisions which require coordination of
interrelated tasks. The employee develops conceptual solutions to
moderately difficult, non-routine issues/problems and provides
guidance on technical leadership of projects.
Reports to a Team Lead, Operations Supervisor, or Area Manager.
- Maintain all safety, quality and compliance activities at each
- Perform routine maintenance and calibrations on a variety of
process equipment including centrifugal and reciprocating
compressors, gas analyzers, electrical controls systems and
pneumatic control valves.
- Manage own time to accomplish operations and maintenance tasks
for assigned plants which includes trouble-shooting, diagnosing and
solving plant problems.
- Coordinate contractors and resources, both internal and
external to Praxair to support the plant activities, audits and all
administrative requirements for the plant.
- Maintain or improve plant efficiency.
- Occasionally assists or directs the training and development of
SKILLS and ABILITIES
Safety awareness and procedures
Trouble shooting and diagnostics
Maintenance and repairs
Process understanding, process control schematic interpretation
Computers, Microsoft applications, process control computer
systems, maintenance and compliance documentation
Communications, both verbal and written
Quality controls, analyzers
Organization and time management
Planning and project management
In addition to being able to sit, stand, climb, walk, read, talk,
see and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an
individual must be able to do the following additional
- D rive a service (pickup) truck up to 2 or 3 hours per day and
up to 8 hours on occasion.
- Perform office work requiring sitting at the computer and other
administration duties 1 or 2 hours per day.
- Walking on flat or uneven surfaces and in areas of crushed
stone is done on a daily basis.
- Bending, stooping, and working from just above the ground to 6
- Use of stairs and ladders for elevated work.
- Lifting 5 to 15 lb loads is performed daily.
- Lifting 15 to 45 lb loads is done on an intermittent
- Lifting over 45 to 75 lbs is done occasionally.
- Upper body work activities, including using wrenches, hammers,
and similar tools
- Use of power tools such as drills
- Use of fingers/fine manipulation (such as instrumentation
- Normal work week of 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- On call for plant issues during off hours. Provided company
cell phone, laptop, and service truck. Plant performance highly
dictated by employee effort.
- Accommodations can be made if reasonable, do not create an
undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to
safely perform the essential job functions.
High School Degree required
Associate's degree in a technical field preferred
2 - 5 years of Operations experience highly desirable in many of
the following fields:
- Air separation or similar complex process control function
- Instrumentation and control
- General maintenance of industrial equipment
- Compressors and compressor maintenance
- Industrial Mechanical
- Industrial Electrical or Electrician
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all
employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages
growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces
inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice
for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn
more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including
paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life
insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however,
only those applicants who are being considered for an interview
will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
This is a salaried position with overtime. The salary varies
depending on experience. Praxair offers a competitive benefits
package, including medical, dental, 401K matching, vacation and
Keywords: Linde, Corpus Christi , Field Service Technician - Corpus Christi, Professions , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!