Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - GIHH - Corpus Christi, Texas - Med Surg
Company: Driscoll Children's Hospital
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - GIHH - Corpus Christi,
Texas General Purpose of Job:
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) is a skilled
individual, qualified by academic and clinical education who
provides assistance in the conduct of clinical research. The APP
will utilize medical knowledge and experience, under the direction
of the principal investigator, research manager and/or clinical
director, to oversee and direct clinical course of pediatric
research participants. Assess physical health and administer
treatments throughout the study aligned with scope of practice
delegated responsibilities. Oversee study conduct and assure study
participant safety and work with clinical research coordination and
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.-- The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
abilities required.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. This job description is not intended to be
all-inclusive; employees will perform other reasonably related
business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or
hospital administration as required.
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Function within scope of practice, under the supervision of an
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills,
proven excellence in clinical care and supervisory skills.
- Participate and assist with coordination and continuity of
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are
ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity
- If applicable, performs and records history and physical
- Assist with physician directed care including:
- Write appropriate orders (e.g. nursing care, medication orders,
laboratory and imaging/radiological examinations).
- Review pertinent findings in the patient's history, physical
examination, radiological and laboratory data with supervising
physician, obtain appropriate referral/consultation, additional
laboratory or radiological studies as needed, and initiate
appropriate medical and/or protocol-directed
- If applicable, completes consultations approved by the
supervising physician with follow-up as indicated. Ensure testing
has been completed, results verified, review labs/studies and vital
signs. Complete progress note as indicated.
- Review of laboratory and radiologic data. Make appropriate
interventions as indicated.
- Advise supervising physician of unexpected events, providing an
accurate synopsis of events related to a major change in the
patient's condition and describing corrective measures already
- Oversee and, as needed, administer medications and treatments
per study protocol and scope of practice.
- Collaborate with clinical staff, researchers, outside vendors,
and other staff to administer treatment and study protocol-directed
interventions and assessments.
- Identify, recruit, and enroll study participants, as well as
maintain study participant records; determine study participant
- Assists with the coordination of discharge planning and/or
- Serve as a resource for clinical and research staff.
- Assess, perform, and document parent/patient
- Ensure the safety of study participants, and maintain
communication with the patient/family and clinicians.
- Participates in investigator meetings and monitoring
- Completes protocol-specific training as required by study
- Conducts informed consent discussions and obtains informed
consent / assent for research in accordance with applicable
regulations, IRB requirements, and institutional standards.
ADVANCED PRACTICE PROVDER (APP) PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP : Exhibits
confidence in self and others, inspiring respect and trust.--
Reacts effectively under pressure, and motivates others to perform
well.-- Demonstrates the ability to change behaviors and plans to
meet rapidly changing/ competing job demands (new or unusual
Ensures safe care by using effective communication and interactions
with the health care team.
Identifies conflict and helps to initiate resolution, seeking
assistance when appropriate.
Delegates appropriately, and oversees delegated tasks to unlicensed
- Effective performance/practice autonomy within scope of
- Maintains composure, effectiveness, and flexibility under
- Demonstrates clinical competency.
- Systematically assesses the patient's health status and
develops a plan of care.
- Develops an individualized plan of care and communicates data
that reflects the patient's status
- Demonstrates accurate medical coding, billing and
- Demonstrates accurate evaluation of the patient's response to
the plan of care.
- Demonstrates leadership in the APP role.
Education and/or Experience :
- Master's or Post Master's Degree, Required.
Graduation from a Nurse Practitioners Program with practice
authority in the State of Texas, Required.
Advanced Specialty Courses as required by DCH Credentialing
obtained within time frame required and continuously maintained
2-3 years of relevant experience, or combination of education and
relevant experience in Pediatrics, Required.
Experience with clinical trials, Preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSURE, REGISTRATION:
- Advanced Practice Certification (select all the apply)
Current Basic Life Support (BLS), Required.Active and unencumbered
nurse practitioner and registered nurse license in the State of
Advanced specialty courses and ongoing education requirements as
required by DCH.
Keywords: Driscoll Children's Hospital, Corpus Christi , Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - GIHH - Corpus Christi, Texas - Med Surg, Healthcare , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!