Maintenance Technician - Instrumentation & Electrical
Company: Buckeye Partners L.P.
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: October 12, 2019
The Maintenance Technician role is responsible for mechanical task
related to upkeep of the facilities including maintaining
Instrumentation and Electrical components associated with
compressors, firefighting/safety equipment, motor operated valves,
boilers, heaters, mechanical metering stations, rotating equipment,
unloading valves, and stationary equipment. Candidate must be able
to diagnose and troubleshoot Instrumentation and Electrical
components issues involving compressors firefighting/safety
equipment, motor operated valves, boilers, heaters, mechanical
metering stations, rotating equipment, unloading valves, and
stationary equipment. pumps, compressors and combustion engines.
Candidate also must be able to repair and replace instrument and
electrical components and maintain a consistent preventive
maintenance schedule on all equipment within the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* MAINTENANCE PROJECTS. Performing overall troubleshooting and
maintenance support for refinery and terminal operations in the
assigned area including planning, estimating, scheduling and cost
* COMPLIANCE. Performing and recording regulatory and Company
policy preventative maintenance inspections and procedures as
identified in the Maintenance and/or Regulatory Manuals and in JDE
* CONTINUOUS EDUCATION. Maintaining a high level of knowledge
relating to new and current technology and equipment.
* MANAGEMENT. Procuring and managing the efforts of outside
contractors as required.
* POLICY IMPLEMENTATION. Implementing company policies, standards,
drawings, diagrams and construction specifications for the
installation of new facilities and the repair or upgrade of
* DOCUMENTATION. Maintaining equipment records and furnishing
documentation per Company policy of work performed.
* And other duties as assigned.
* To be eligible for Maintenance I&E Tech II one must have
completed at least 12 consecutive months at a Maintenance I&E
Tech I, have at least OT performance and have zero operational
* Two-year associate s degree in a technical field (electrical,
instrumentation or electronic) OR the equivalent combination of
education/ 5-7 years work experience is required.
* Experience in terminal, refinery operations, industrial
manufacturing and maintenance is required.
* Basic knowledge of PLC s (B&R, Siemens, Allen Bradley) and
truck/rail load rack presets (Accuload, Multiload) preferred
* Experience in working with P&ID s and schematics
* Experience in Measurement of Liquids or Gas is preferred
* Be able to read, understand and troubleshoot ladder logic
* Have experience working with Distributed Control Systems(DCS)
Delta V experienced prefer
* Knowledgeable of environmental related instrumentation
(Continuous Emissions Systems)
* Have strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Ability to read and understand PI&D drawings, electrical
drawings and other engineering drawings
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
* Valid driver s license
* Additional qualifications/certifications are required as noted
below. If you do not have the qualifications/certifications then
you must show a willingness to obtain them within a specified time
o Valves (Introduction, Identify, Install and Maintain)
o Material Handling and Hand Rigging
o Mobile and Support Equipment
o Control Valves
o Level Controllers
o TI s
o Preventive and Predictive Maintenance
o Troubleshooting and Repair of Instrument and Electrical
o Fiber Optics communication devices troubleshooting and
o Analyzer knowledge, troubleshooting and repairs
o Experience on Low to Medium voltage equipment testing, trouble
shooting and repairs
OTHER SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES:
* Must have the ability to navigate basic computer systems (i.e.
* Basic knowledge of SCADA applications, MS Office applications and
JDE applications is a plus.
* In order to be successful in this position, the individual must
possess good communication (both oral and written) and
* The individual must have good analytical skills and good
* This position requires the ability to safely and successfully
perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other
federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative
and or/quantitative productivity standards.
* This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual
attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
* This position requires compliance with all personnel
PHYSICAL & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
* This person must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for
* Position may require exposure to adverse weather conditions,
hazardous environments and require the physical stamina to climb
tanks, work long hours in the field and wear a respirator.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess
a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and
regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and
verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You
must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion,
and professionalism when dealing with internal and external
customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus
that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its
employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs,
generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for
the global energy business. As one of the nation s largest
independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network
providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create
centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas
is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and
mid-western portions of the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment
Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Send This Job to a Friend
Keywords: Buckeye Partners L.P., Corpus Christi , Maintenance Technician - Instrumentation & Electrical, Professions , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!