Field Service Technician
Company: Knight Office Solutions Inc
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Description: SERVICE TEAM LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED SERVICE
TECHNICIAN IN CORPUS CHRISTI, TX Knight Office Solutions is a
growing technology company located in North Central San Antonio, TX
with offices in Corpus Christi, TX and Austin, TX. We are seeking a
Field Service Technician to join our service team in Corpus
Christi, TX. We are a multi-line dealer selling Canon, Ricoh,
Sharp, and HP equipment.Prompt, courteous service is essential to
our business. We are looking for a customer focused, team player
with a great attitude to fill this role. The Field Service
Technician services and repairs a variety of office equipment at
customer locations usually within a specific geographic area. As a
certified technical professional, is capable of handling a full
workload.Our mission is to help our customers reach their goals by
providing client-focused technology solutions supported by a
culture of service excellence and a commitment to doing the right
thing. Employees are essential to our success and we strive to
promote a balance in life that includes faith, family, health and
work. Knight Office Solutions' values include giving back to our
community and enjoying what we do. Candidates that can contribute
to our mission and share our values are urged to apply.Learn more
about Knight Office Solutions at .See on our YouTube pageFull time:
Monday - Friday 8 am-5 pmWe offer:
- A competitive hourly wage
- Excellent benefit package
- A corporate culture focused on honesty, integrity, and
ethicsIdeal candidates should:
- Have a valid Texas Driver's LIcense
- Be customer focused
- Possess a high level of standards and business ethics
- Work well with peers
- Manage confidential information
- Have excellent verbal and listening skillsEssential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Achieves expected productivity & proficiency levels associated
with assigned workload and level of experience.
- Manages territory, inventory and customer relationships.
- Demonstrates excellent technical and customer relation
skills.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis job has no supervisory
responsibilities.Requirements:Core CompetenciesTo perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
competencies:Integrity & Trust, Ethics & Values - Decisions and
actions consistently reflect KOS core values; practices honesty /
fairness in all decisions; adheres to highest standards of business
ethics.Customer Focus - Provides excellent customer service;
perpetuates the theme that customer satisfaction is everyone's
responsibility.Team Player, Peer Relationships - Cooperates
willingly with others to achieve results; takes ownership and
responsibility for own role and performs assigned work; can quickly
find common ground and solve problems for the good of all with a
minimum of noise.Job Related Competencies:Demonstrates technical
- Performs a full range of servicing and repair service
procedures including diagnostics, installation, removal and
retrofits on assigned equipment.
- Performs Basic Connected installations, sets up IP addresses,
downloads printer drivers and provides customer training on
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs or replaces equipment
components as necessary.
- Demonstrates required digital competencies associated with
assigned products and level assignment.
- Completes technical training on new equipment as
- Effectively executes all required territory management and call
- Adheres to territory back-up plans.
- Maintains and manages own parts inventory with a high degree of
- Completes all required administrative tasks in an accurate and
- Complies will all company policies.
- Works closely with sales partners to maximize equipment leads
and upgrade opportunities.Customer Service
- Interacts with external customers for the purpose of
determining service needs on equipment and ensuring overall high
level of customer satisfaction with the service performed.
- Exhibits professional appearance and demeanor at all
- Maintains productive, professional relationship with all
- Is a positive and contributing team member.QualificationsTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Requires journeyman level technical knowledge typically gained
through completion of technical school and 2+ years of related
- Requires a valid state driver's license and minimum level of
auto insurance coverage per KOS policy for positions entailing
extensive use of personal car while on company business.Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- Requires a strong working knowledge of electro-mechanical
devices, electrical circuitry, electronics and varying levels of
- Possesses methodical approach to resolving problems.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and verbal communications
- Possesses excellent customer service skills including ability
to follow up to ensure closure of issues.
- Possesses ability to read and comprehend written technical
information in the form of technical manuals, parts books and
- The technical aspect of this position requires following
pre-established guidelines. Use industry experience to analyze and
determine the particular problem on the equipment
(troubleshooting). It is also used in determining the need for
routine servicing or parts to be installed.Working Conditions,
Mental and Physical Demands
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting
and ventilation, and normal range of temperature and noise.
- Extensive daily travel in an automobile between customer
locations is usually required.
- Working conditions regularly expose individuals to conditions
that could result in minor cuts and burns; frequent exposure to
chemical solvents and cleaners.
- Overtime, stand-by and/or on-call may be required.
- Requires daily internal contact with the service call center
via telephone and wireless to receive and provide instructions
concerning service calls.
- Routinely requires direct contact with parts department to
receive parts ordered. Also, routinely requires direct contact with
the Field Service Manager to review work, receive direction and
discuss customers' concerns and problems.
- Requires daily external contact with customers (typically
office/IT managers and machine operators) for the purpose of
investigating and resolving equipment problems.
- The customer relations aspects of the job tend to be somewhat
more diversified, however, most problems are resolved using past
- Work has periodic stress related to an increased volume of
service calls placed and occasional contact with dissatisfied
- Physical effort is required to move objects on wheels that may
weigh up to 700 pounds.
- Frequent stooping, bending, squatting and kneeling are required
to service equipment at floor level.
- Tool cases and assorted service related tools weighing in the
range of 25 to 50 pounds must be carried to a variety of machine
locations. Often these locations are up stairs.
- A fairly high level of dexterity is required in the regular use
of a variety of hand tools. These tools will include, but are not
limited to, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches and some electronic
testing equipment. There is an emphasis on fine-motor skills for
work on small electronic and mechanical components.PI217409267
Keywords: Knight Office Solutions Inc, Corpus Christi , Field Service Technician, Professions , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...