Lawn Maintenance Crew Leader
Company: ABC Home and Commercial
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: November 25, 2022
**$250 Sign on Bonus based on experience ** WHO WE AREABC Home &
Commercial is a family owned and operated business, providing a
fun, stable, and challenging environment to grow, learn, and serve
in our community. We're pleased to have a diverse group of
employees and believe strongly in a work/life balance while
building long-term, trusting relationships with our customers and
employees. At ABC you'll quickly learn what it's like to become
part of a team that believes in fulfilling commitments, serving
others, supporting families, and building our community.To learn
more about ABC and to view a full list of our services, visit
www.abchomeandcommercial.comHOW YOU CAN HELP USAs ABC's Lawn
Maintenance Crew Leader, you will be responsible for the
professional completion of work assigned and will lead a crew to
help with customers' lawn and outdoor space with professionalism
and excellent customer service. If applicable, you may or may not
also be assigned as the crew's driver.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Verifies property address/location before services has
- Reads all notes added to route to make sure that additional and
special instructions are followed. Ensures mowing, trimming,
edging, blowing, and all other lawn maintenance work is done in a
- Must be proficient in the operation of all lawn maintenance
equipment and becomes proficient in all new equipment needed for
- Instructs crew members in the proper way of handling mowing
equipment, and safety procedures in handling that equipment.
- Directs workflow and work performed by other members of the
crew. Becomes familiar with customers' expectations and service
- Greases and oils machines and equipment, checks blades for
replacement or sharpens, reports any malfunctions for repair and
ensures that all equipment needed for work is loaded and working
- Ensures trailer lights are working properly, including trailer
gate, boards, safety clips, reports any malfunctions for
- Identifies and reports to Service Manager any damages to
customer's property immediately. Before leaving customer's property
inspects the work area to ensure all maintenance was provided
according to contracted services.
- Uses personal protective equipment at all times as is required
by safety standards and for prevention purposes.
- Meets deadlines of route and informs Service Manager of all
resets and skipped services or not completed work on a daily
- Inspects all equipment when moved to a new trailer (see Service
Manager for checklist). Checks vehicle when a new one is assigned
(see Service Manager for checklist).
- Responsible for knowing and following all company and
department policies and protocols, including the PTO policy.
- Attend required department meetings and company or vendor
training as required.
- Your readiness to work on Saturday is obligatory when work is
not completed during normal work days.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Previous Lawn Maintenance experience preferred but not
- Excellent communication & customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload, work under pressure and still
maintain good composure.
- Experience working with routes, service stops, and meeting
deadlines of your service route.
- Dependable and self-motivated with desire to work
- High school diploma or GED desired.
- English speaking is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work inside and/or outside for long periods of time,
sometimes in extreme temperatures.
- Ability to use and navigate electronic tablet/phone, email,
text, etc.WHAT WE OFFER
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid vacation and sick leave (PTO)
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Lead Now Program for all employees to increase earnings and
- Company clubs & committees, and company outings
- Paid trainings and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Educational scholarships for employees and family members
- Wellness program, including gym membership
- Company vehicle with gas card (for service specialists)ABC is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify
Program.Please note that if an offer is extended that we do conduct
the following pre-employment screenings: Drug Screen, Physical &
Physical Performance Evaluation (PPE). ABC participates in the
E-verify (I9) program & conducts a thorough Background check.
Keywords: ABC Home and Commercial, Corpus Christi , Lawn Maintenance Crew Leader, Professions , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!