Senior Production Engineer
Company: Dow Chemical Company
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Join a team that's passionate about partnership. With careers at
Dow, we take time to explore questions and talk to each other. We
love to learn. Our people are driven by limitless curiosity.
We are an innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and sustainable
materials science company.
* Employing 36,500 individuals
* Across 109 manufacturing sites
* In over 31 countries
Our portfolio of products and solutions include:
* Plastics: With new technology trends, our plastic additives can
be experienced in many everyday items including vinyl, blow-molding
bottles, film, rigid containers, PVC plastics, siding, decks and
rails, foam pipes and profile formulations, window frames and
* Industrial intermediates: As the product of a reaction that is
beneficial when used as a precursor chemical for another product,
industrial intermediates can take on many shapes and forms. Ours
are used in home comfort and appliance, building and construction,
adhesives and lubricants, and more.
* Coatings: Whether it's a water-based coating or solvent-based
coating, a thin film is deposited on materials to enhance specific
properties such as enhanced performance, durability, aesthetics,
* Silicone businesses: Our silicone-based materials can withstand
more demanding applications, from those operating at extreme
temperatures, to those under harsh environmental conditions for
long periods of time.
Learn more about our partnerships, collaborations and innovations
on LinkedIn (@Dow) or Twitter (@DowNewsroom).
Dow has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Production Engineer at
our Bay City, Angleton, or Seadrift, TX sites.
We make diversity and inclusion a priority-because sharing our
perspectives and building on each other's ideas will drive
innovation. Could you imagine yourself in a place like this?
Dow Production Engineers serve as a vital resource for Operations
by applying technical skills to optimize plant operations, resolve
plant problems, and enable safe and efficient production of low
cost, quality productions.
Also, you can complete each of the following tasks:
* Serve as project manufacturing representative on small Department
of Transportation (DOT) projects.
* Provide technical support to the area technicians on operational
and maintenance issues
* Responsible for process safety items specific to storage
* Monitor, troubleshoot, and correct issues pertaining to well rate
* Ensure compliance with storage well MET
* Work with regulatory group to ensure compliance with storage well
regulatory requirements (i.e., reporting, notifications,
* Participate in Process Safety initiatives like LOPA Revalidation,
LPP Gap Assessment, SIS Assessment etc.
* Develop scope for major maintenance projects & provide
engineering support for the successful shut-down, construction, and
* Work with commercial group to identify and execute opportunities.
Determine asset capability for gas scheduling/planning purposes
* Coordinate outages to make necessary pipeline adjustments
* Participate in audits for Department of Transportation/Railroad
Commission, Environment Health & Safety, LA Department of Natural
Resources and the Technology Center.
* Ensure compliance with DOT and other regulations like PHMSA
* Investigate reliability issues for pipeline
* Elevate and appropriately apply knowledge of pipeline and
technology. Study historical data convene with Tech Center or other
SMEs to foster technical knowledge and effective
* Ensure MET is understood and utilized, and that process
automation is used as a tool to optimize plant performance.
* Utilize defined Most Effective Technology and challenge/escalate
MET application and assumptions when better solutions arise.
* Partner with the experts to perform advanced troubleshooting and
improve operating discipline. Diagnose and document root causes of
unplanned events in responsibility.
* Understand why specific procedure steps and precautions are
needed and keep a strong field presence to reinforce the
* Reports all events that could have a negative effect on the
* Track unplanned events (UPEs) and keep department's tracker up to
* Respond urgently to GCPL issues and emergencies. Act as a
technical expert during unplanned events and drive implementation
of effective corrective and preventative actions.
Demonstrate and validate expertise through a certification and
on-boarding process that includes:
* Fundamental principles (mass balance, energy balance, pressure,
temperature), technology, and process safety knowledge.
* Time on shift and in the field with the operations team.
* Gulf Coast Pipeline knowledge (including various pipelines,
stations, equipment, process control technology).
* EHS - Life Critical Standards and key environmental information
for their unit.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
* A minimum of 5 years of engineering, manufacturing, or related
* Must have a current, valid, United States driver license.
* A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability
to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support
is available for this position, including for any type of U.S.
permanent residency (green card) process.
Your preferred qualifications include
* Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree
* Strong technical leadership, innovation mindset, ability to work
across geographies, and strong interpersonal skills are critical to
success in this role.
* Ability to transmit knowledge to a diverse organization,
initiative, and leadership critical to success
* Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at one time.
* No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position,
including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card)
* We do not offer relocation assistance for Dow jobs like this
* Sign in or create your account.
* Make sure your resume is accessible. Easily link your LinkedIn
Profile to load your resume when logging into apply.
* What can we accomplish together? Apply to find out
* A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay,
variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company
performance, and comprehensive benefits
* On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and
rewarding work environment
* Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and
functions with opportunities for personal and professional
* The chance to work within a global company and interact with
colleagues from around the world
* Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion
to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and
scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading
business positions; and environmental, social and governance (ESG)
leadership to achieve profitable growth and deliver a sustainable
future. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative,
customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science
company in the world. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial
intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad
range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for
its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging,
infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates
104 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately
35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $55 billion in
2021. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its
subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or
follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is
committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every
employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only
deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further
information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to
providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national
origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job
application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation
due to a disability, you may contact us at
http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My
Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
Keywords: Dow Chemical Company, Corpus Christi , Senior Production Engineer, Professions , Seadrift, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!