Company: GEO Secure Services
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Facility: -COASTAL BEND DETENTION CENTERPay: $23.57Bonus (if
applicable): Shift: FirstBenefits: Employees working a normal work
week (30 hours or more) will enjoy a competitive benefits package
for an energized workforce with options for you and your family
including:--- Paid time off ------------------------ Paid
holidays------------------------------ 401(k) --- 401(k) matching
------------------ Health Insurance ------------------------ Dental
Insurance--- Vision Insurance --------------- ---- Life Insurance
------------------------------ Flexible spending account--- Health
savings account ------ ---- Tuition Reimbursement ---------------
Reduced tuition rates--- Employee discount --------------- Employee
assistance program------ Pet insurance--- Disability Insurance
--------- ---- Paid training ------------------------------- Other
benefits availableEqual Opportunity Employer.Are you looking for a
career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to
do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and
recognition that comes with working for the industry's global
leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.Who We Are:GEO provides
complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners
worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and
community reentry services. From the development of
state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management
services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release
reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO
offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver
enhanced quality and improved outcomes.Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the
inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are
integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It
is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO
Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three
pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial.
With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that
you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.Job
Summary:This Transportation Officer position is responsible for
securely transporting detainees between destinations and ensuring
that the vehicles used for transportation activities are safe and
properly maintained.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts pre-trip, during-trip, and post-trip inspections of
all vehicles operated. Provides written Daily Vehicle Inspection
Reports (DVIR) at the end of each trip or shift and ensures that
all potential safety defects are reported to the Transportation
- Ensures that all permits and licenses are in order before
beginning a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if there are
problems before initiating a trip. -
- Ensures that vehicles have the necessary safety equipment
before initiating a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if
there are problems before initiating a trip.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and reports in an accurate
and thorough manner. Ensures that all reports are turned into the
facility according to described policies and procedures.
- Ensures that detainees are properly secured prior to leaving a
facility and while in a vehicle. Ensures that all paperwork is
obtained and completely accurately and thoroughly when obtaining
detainees at a facility and delivering them to their appropriate
- Ensures that all safety measures are followed at all time while
transporting detainees, including but not limited, to all
application federal, state, municipal and organizational laws,
regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Immediately contacts safety authorizations and facility
management in the event of an accident. Provides detailed
information, both verbally and written, to requesting
- Delivers vehicles for servicing and picks them up when
- Performs other duties as assigned.Job Requirements:Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- A valid "Class B" or "Class C" Chauffeurs Driver's License
(CDL) with a Passenger (P) endorsement within ninety (90) days of
- Eighty (80) hours of verified and certified driver's training
from an approved company trainer and as defined by the U.S.
Department of Transportation.
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a
certification of satisfactory completion in Corrections, Law
Enforcement, or Military.
- Certification in Corrections, Law Enforcement, or
- A current driver's license with no preventable accidents,
suspensions for driving convictions, Driving While Intoxicated
(DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or more than two (2)
moving violations on any type of vehicle for the past three (3)
- Passing a company and Department of Transportation (DOT) drug
and alcohol test.
- Ability to work overtime frequently.
- Ability to travel extended periods of time with frequent
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24
- Must be mature, flexible, and able to command the respect and
confidence of inmates or detainees and staff, philosophically
committed to the objectives of the facility, and possess a high
tolerance to mental stress.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Keywords: GEO Secure Services, Corpus Christi , TRANSPORTATION OFFICER, Professions , Robstown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!