SR. TRANSPORTATION OFFICER
Company: GEO Secure Services
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Facility: -SOUTH TEXAS TRANSPORTATIONSalary: -$27.50 hr.Bonus
(if applicable): -H&W: $4.23 hr. This position is eligible to
receive a Health & Welfare Benefit Rate per hour on all hours paid
up to 40 hours per week and not to exceed 2,080 hours per
year.Shift: Benefits: Full-time employees will enjoy a competitive
benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you
and your family including:--- Paid time off
holidays------------------------------ 401(k) --- 401(k) matching
------------------ Health Insurance ------------------------ Dental
Insurance--- Vision Insurance --------------- ---- Life Insurance
------------------------------ Flexible spending account--- Health
savings account ------ ---- Tuition Reimbursement ---------------
Reduced tuition rates--- Employee discount --------------- Employee
assistance program------ Pet insurance--- Disability Insurance
--------- ---- Paid training ------------------------------- Other
benefits availableEqual Opportunity Employer.Do you have great
managerial skills and enjoy driving? If you also have a natural
ability for working with people and supporting them as they strive
to become their best selves, this Senior Transportation Officer
position is meant for you! As the industry's global leader in
evidence-based rehabilitation, we are looking for dedicated people
to add to our growing team.Join a Community That CaresJoining GEO
means contributing to our mission to provide the best
rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to
those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth,
exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships.
Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your
application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.Role
and ResponsibilitiesYou will be responsible for securely
transporting detainees between destinations and ensuring that the
vehicles used for transportation activities are safe and properly
maintained. Your tasks include:
- Assisting management when unique or unexpected problems arise
while transporting detainees (help develop effective and efficient
- Reviewing all vehicle inspection reports, developing summaries
for Transportation management.
- Ensuring that all permits and licenses for assigned vehicles
are in order.
- Ensuring vehicles have the necessary safety equipment before
initiating a trip and notifying the Transportation management if
there are problems.
- Properly tracking DOT HOS on Electronic Logging Devices.
- Participating in interviewing and screening of applicant
- Reviewing all necessary paperwork, ensuring that all reports
are turned into the Transportation management according to
described policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all missions meet or exceed PBNDS/FBNDS safety
measures while transporting detainees.We're looking for individuals
from different backgroundsBuilding an inclusive culture where every
employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of
GEO's employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity
in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas,
and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here's to
unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative
solutions!Job Requirements:Competencies RequiredIf you enjoy
working with many different people, have a cooperative spirit,
thrive in a challenging environment, and are comfortable using
software for employee supervision, you could be the person we're
looking for. Apply if you meet the following:Minimum Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Two (2) years of driving experience in a transportation
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Law Enforcement
Officer with Arrest Authority; or a minimum of three (3) years of
Prisoner Handling and detention experience as a Corrections,
Detention, or Military Police Officer. Previous Experience may be
credited toward meeting the mandatory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a
certification of satisfactory completion in Corrections, Law
Enforcement, or Military. (Must obtain within the first 90 days of
employment with approved waiver if acceptability).
- A current driver's license with no preventable accidents,
suspensions for driving convictions, Driving While Intoxicated
(DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or more than two (2)
moving violations on any type of vehicle for the past three (3)
years. (Must obtain CDL with passenger endorsement within the first
120 days of employment with approved waiver if acceptability).
- Passing a company and Department of Transportation (DOT) drug
and alcohol test.
- Ability to work overtime frequently.
- Ability to travel extended periods of time with frequent
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling
- Must be mature, flexible, and able to command the respect and
confidence of inmates or detainees and staff, and possess a high
tolerance to mental stress.
- Ability to pass a Company and Federal Client background
- Willing and able to travel for extended periods of time on
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.Aside from driving automatic
equipment vehicles, you should also be able to:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 lbs. (sometimes more).
- Reach above shoulder level.
- Work with machinery.
- Bend, stoop, climb, walk, stand, sit, and work in extreme
Keywords: GEO Secure Services, Corpus Christi , SR. TRANSPORTATION OFFICER, Professions , Falfurrias, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!