Rig Electrician Foreman (31443)
Company: Precision Drilling
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Company: Precision Drilling Co. LP
Location: Haynesville Division
The Rig Electrical Foreman oversees day-to-day preventive,
corrective and break down maintenance activities on electrical
systems as it relates to land-based drilling rigs such as:
generator controls, motors & control circuits, transformers, cables
and electrical protection systems.
* Supervision of installation and maintaining silicon-controlled
rectifier (SCR) unit, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) equipment and
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) systems;
* Perform various power calculations (short circuit studies, arc
flash analysis, cable sizing---);
* Maintain an inventory of electrical spare equipment, housed at
the rigs or in the shop;
* Testing circuit connections using electrical test equipment;
* Participating in ongoing training and company safety programs for
new equipment and technologies as it becomes necessary including
days off training;
* Coordinating the repair and refurbishment of equipment with
Precision and third-party service technicians;
* Work closely with electrical contractors to ensure the best needs
of the company are being met;
* Working very closely with rig crews to ensure proper training and
that electronic safety systems are not bypassed;
* Assist with design and commissioning of future AC drilling rig
drive and electrical systems;
* Ensure all of Precision's wiring preferences are met and
* Supply required information for updating of drawings, sketches or
information on existing and replacement equipment;
* Ability to work on 24-hour notice in response to electrical
* Various other duties as required. (Duties and responsibilities
may be added or changed at any time at the discretion of your
manager, formally or informally, either verbally or in
Accountability & Decision Making
Ability to look forward in maintaining equipment and problem
Constantly maintain safety standard procedures.
Plan and propose both a maintenance required and routine repairs
Education & Experience
Candidate must hold a valid Texas State Master's License.
At least 8 years of electrical experience with VFD rigs or SCR
Minimum of 8 years experience with the electrical components of rig
construction as a foreman or manager.
Comprehensive knowledge of electrical operation of drilling
Must hold valid driver's license.
Full Knowledge of Power Generation, Distribution and Generator
Experience with Electric Motor Controls, VFD interconnects.
Experience with Microsoft Windows and Associated Office
Applications (MS Word, Excel, Auto Cad).
Skills & Competencies
Knowledge and working experience with Amphion Control Systems
Knowledge of local electrical codes and standards pertaining to
non-hazardous and hazardous areas;
Basic comprehensive mechanical knowledge on hydraulics, diesel
engines, motor pumps and top drives;
Must be able to read and write English, in order to prepare daily
Good communication, mathematical and computer skills.
Must be able to work well with others while under minimal
The ideal candidate will have superior attention to detail, ability
to multi-task, willingness to take ownership of projects and job
tasks that arise, and will have safe work practices.
Working knowledge of the pertaining API and OSHA electrical
practices relating to land-based drilling rigs
Keywords: Precision Drilling, Corpus Christi , Rig Electrician Foreman (31443), Professions , Alice, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!