Company: Dow Chemical
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Our purposeJoin a team that's passionate about partnership. With
careers at Dow, we take time to explore questions and talk to each
other. We love to learn. Our people are driven by limitless
curiosity.We are an innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and
sustainable materials science company. -Employing 36,500
individuals -Across 109 manufacturing sites -In over 31
countriesOur portfolio of products and solutions include:
-Plastics: With new technology trends, our plastic additives can be
experienced in many everyday items including vinyl, blow-molding
bottles, film, rigid containers, PVC plastics, siding, decks and
rails, foam pipes and profile formulations, window frames and
high-efficiency lubricants. -Industrial intermediates: As the
product of a reaction that is beneficial when used as a precursor
chemical for another product, industrial intermediates can take on
many shapes and forms. Ours are used in home comfort and appliance,
building and construction, adhesives and lubricants, and more.
-Coatings: Whether it's a water-based coating or solvent-based
coating, a thin film is deposited on materials to enhance specific
properties such as enhanced performance, durability, aesthetics,
and sustainability. -Silicone businesses: Our silicone-based
materials can withstand more demanding applications, from those
operating at extreme temperatures, to those under harsh
environmental conditions for long periods of time.Learn more about
our partnerships, collaborations and innovations on LinkedIn (@Dow)
or Twitter (@DowNewsroom).We make diversity and inclusion a
priority because sharing our perspectives and building on each
other's ideas will drive innovation. Could you imagine yourself in
a place like this?Plant/AreaWe are looking for an Instrument
Technician in Seadrift, Texas.About youIn this role you will
install, maintain and repair the measuring and control instruments
used in industrial processing. You will work with a wide variety of
pneumatic, electronic and microcomputer instruments used to measure
and control variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, level,
motion, force, and chemical composition to support the process
plants.Also, you can complete each of the following tasks:
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing all types of
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and replace defective components on
- Ability to read electrical, logic, and loop diagrams
- Electronic troubleshooting and repair skills are used
- Procedure use - this includes field use, review, revise, and
development of proceduresRequired qualificationsHigh School Diploma
or GED and at least one of the following:
- Currently have, or obtaining by May 2022, an Associates degree
or higher in Instrumentation, Electronics, or similar discipline.
In lieu of a degree Dow will consider those with 4 or more years of
relevant military Training.
- 2 or more years of experience as an Instrument Technician.Also
- Willing to work overtime (extra hours beyond your regular
scheduled) if required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the
ability to work legally in the United States. No visa
sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for
any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.Willing
and able to meet physical demands of the job, with or without
- Lift, push, and pull up to 55 lbs.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Stand 50% of the time.
- Walk for extended periods of time.
- Work at heights, climb stairs and ladders.
- Work in tight and closed in spaces.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, including but
not limited to respirator.
- Work in an area of intense or continuous noise.
- Work in an area with hazardous materials.
- Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. Must have the
ability to use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300
pounds or lessYour preferred qualifications include:
- NCCER certified in Instrumentation (NCCER Certification
obtained through an Instructor Led Training Program is a
preference).Your skills, knowledge, and abilities include:
- Utilize functional, technical knowledge, company standards and
educational background or experience to analyze and solve
- Effectively work and maintain relationships with the Natural
Work Teams and key stakeholders with diverse perspectives and
background is essential including Engineers, Operations personnel,
and co-workers to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Able to work with independently with minimal supervision with
in an empowered team environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Safety focused.
- Strong Initiative, Teamwork, and Technical Capabilities.
- No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position,
including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card)
- We do not offer relocation assistance for Dow jobs like this
position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred
to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position
that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be
responsible for all costs that you incur
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work
overtime and holidays as needed and the ability to work according
to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without
reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this
- Dow is making preparations in response to the OSHA Emergency
Temporary Standard (ETS). These preparations include obtaining the
vaccination status of all new and current employees; information
that is needed to obtain critical safety data and to comply with
the ETS. Dow understands that the ETS is being challenged in
certain courts; however, if the ETS is upheld, Dow fully intends to
comply with its terms, which means all current and incoming Dow
employees would need to choose between becoming fully vaccinated to
COVID-19 or undergo weekly testing.To apply
- Sign in or create your account.
- Please allow 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete an assessment
when you apply. This will need to be completed at once, as it
cannot be saved and continued later. An assessment is required for
- Make sure your resume is accessible. Easily link your LinkedIn
Profile to load your resume when logging into apply.
- What can we accomplish together? Apply to find out!Dow Offers:
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base
pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company
performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and
rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and
functions with opportunities for personal and professional
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with
colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your
passion to help others About DowDow (NYSE: DOW) combines global
breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and
leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The
Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer
centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with
a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our
materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners.
Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and
silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated
science-based products and solutions for its customers in
high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure,
mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in
31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered
sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or
the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more
information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on
Twitter.As part of our dedication to the diversity of our
workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment.
We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each
day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling
career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is
available on www.dow.com.Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard
for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact
us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at
1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
Keywords: Dow Chemical, Corpus Christi , Instrument Technician, Professions , Seadrift, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!