Company: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Facility:--COASTAL BEND DETENTION CENTERCompensation
Base:--$17.16Compensation Bonus (if applicable):--Equal Opportunity
- This position is responsible for securely transporting
detainees between destinations and ensuring that the vehicles used
for transportation activities are safe and properly
maintained.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts pre-trip, during-trip, and post-trip inspections of
all vehicles operated. Provides written Daily Vehicle Inspection
Reports (DVIR) at the end of each trip or shift and ensures that
all potential safety defects are reported to the Transportation
- Ensures that all permits and licenses are in order before
beginning a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if there are
problems before initiating a trip.
- Ensures that vehicles have the necessary safety equipment
before initiating a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if
there are problems before initiating a trip.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and reports in an accurate
and thorough manner. Ensures that all reports are turned into the
facility according to described policies and procedures.
- Ensures that detainees are properly secured prior to leaving a
facility and while in a vehicle. Ensures that all paperwork is
obtained and completely accurately and thoroughly when obtaining
detainees at a facility and delivering them to their appropriate
- Ensures that all safety measures are followed at all time while
transporting detainees, including but not limited, to all
application federal, state, municipal and organizational laws,
regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Immediately contacts safety authorizations and facility
management in the event of an accident. Provides detailed
information, both verbally and written, to requesting
- Delivers vehicles for servicing and picks them up when
- Performs other duties as assigned.--Job Requirements:Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- A valid ---Class B--- or ---Class C--- Chauffeurs Driver---s
License (CDL) with a Passenger (P) endorsement at time of
- Eighty (80) hours of verified and certified driver---s training
from an approved company trainer and as defined by the U.S.
Department of Transportation.
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a
certification of satisfactory completion in Corrections, Law
Enforcement, or Military.
- Certification in Corrections, Law Enforcement, or
- A current driver---s license with no preventable accidents,
suspensions for driving convictions, Driving While Intoxicated
(DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or more than two (2)
moving violations on any type of vehicle for the past three (3)
- Passing a company and Department of Transportation (DOT) drug
and alcohol test.
- Ability to work overtime frequently.
- Ability to travel extended periods of time with frequent
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24
- Must be mature, flexible, and able to command the respect and
confidence of inmates or detainees and staff, and possess a high
tolerance to mental stress.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Keywords: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company), Corpus Christi , TRANSPORTATION OFFICER, Professions , Robstown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!