Company: Andrews Distributing
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: June 14, 2019
*Please note -we ask all candidates to create an account in order
to apply for a position with us. Please click \"Apply\" then
\"Create Account\" to create a new account, or sign in if you are a
returning applicant. Monday-FridayRESPONSIBILITYA Delivery
Assistant partners with Delivery Services team members and works
collaboratively to provide exceptional customer service to all
accounts with product delivery and merchandising; responsible for
the completeness and correctness of all delivered orders. This role
works under the direction of the assigned Route/Swing Driver and is
assigned to the Delivery Services department which is part of the
- Assists with deliveries to all scheduled accounts in accordance
with Customer Service Guidelines while adhering to all applicable
driving and safety regulations.
- Loads, unloads, and moves product repetitively using
appropriate equipment throughout shift while maintaining a clean,
clutter-free and organized work area and backroom in all retail
accounts as directed by the Route/Swing Driver.
- Stocks all windows, cold boxes, coolers, hot shelves and
displays in retail accounts quickly and efficiently as directed by
the Route/Swing Driver.
- Rotates product to ensure quality standards are
maintained.Adheres to Swap and Drop procedures and TABC Guidelines
- Effectively communicates issues and opportunities to the
Route/Swing Driver or Coach as needed to ensure customer
- Adheres to all applicable driving and safety regulations.* This
position requires working flexible and extended work hours,
weekends and holidays.CAPABILITIESA Delivery Assistant has a
greater opportunity to succeed if they can develop and master the
following job related competencies and KSAs.Knowledge
- Andrews Portfolio and DISC
- Customer Service Principles
- DOT Regulations and Guidelines
- Packaging and Code Dates
- Quality Standards and Procedures
- Safety Procedures and Policies
- SmartDrive Program
- Swap and Drop Procedure
- TABC GuidelinesSkills & Abilities
- Attention to Detail Skills
- Ability to Operate Forklift, Pallet Jack, Lift Gate and Other
- Ability to Organize and Prioritize Workload
- Ability to Perform Basic Math and Write Legibly
- Ability to Solve Problems and Develop Potential Solutions
- Ability to Use a Dolly Properly
- Ability to Work Steadily at a Fast Pace to Meet Time Schedules
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Customer service skills
- Reading Comprehension Skills
- Teamwork SkillsThe compensation for this full time position is
$12.00/hr. plus benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision,
Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, 401k and Bank of
Days(Holidays & Vacation) under the terms of Andrews Distributing
Co.'s benefits plan and policies.This list is not all inclusive of
other tasks and subtasks that may be necessary in performing this
role, but rather an overview of the role's primary work
tasks.QUALIFICATIONSA qualified candidate for the Delivery
Assistant role should satisfy the expectations below:Experience and
- High School Graduate or Equivalent Certificate
- Current/Valid TEXAS Driver License
- 18 Years of Age or OlderPreferred
- Prior Beer Industry Experience
- Previous Retail or Customer Service Experience
- Previous Physically Demanding Work ExperiencePhysical
Requirements and Essential Functions
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to pull/push a load up to 100 lbs.
- Off Premise: Requires heavy and repetitive lifting/placement of
products up to 55 lbs.
- On Premise: Requires heavy and repetitive lifting/placement of
products up to 165 lbs.
- Bends, stoops, squats, kneels, crouches, crawls, climbs ladders
and stairs, stands, walks, and turns/pivots frequently throughout
duration of workday.
- Requires ability to tolerate working in an environment with
inside/outside ambient/extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Driving may be required during the workday.
- Ability to use a personal computer for tasks such as
communicating via email, inputting data and other forms of
documentation using company and industry software.
- Ability to speak, hear, and see is required to communicate with
employees, and to operate varied machinery, equipment, computers
- Hand-eye coordination and fine manipulation skills are
necessary to operate computers and various facility machinery and
- Must be able to maintain a current/valid Texas driver's
- Must maintain regular and punctual attendance.Potential
candidates are required to successfully complete a medical
evaluation including a physical evaluation designed to test ability
to perform basic physical job requirements.
Keywords: Andrews Distributing, Corpus Christi , Delivery Assistant, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!