Company: Corpus Christi Housing
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Under the direction of the HCVP Supervisor, the Receptionist
performs routine administrative work. This is a high visibility
position responsible for projecting primary agency image to public;
answers, screens and directs incoming telephone calls; responds to
inquiries for assistance from applicants, participants, public
and/or other community agencies about the Housing Choice Voucher
Program and/or related issues. Sensitive contact requiring tact and
excellent oral and written communication skills. Work requires
contact with the public. Performs data entry functions into the ECS
system. Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promptly and courteously greets the public, i.e., telephone or
- Determines the needs of the caller and refers to the
- Maintains position at the front window to address all incoming
clients, the public, etc.
- Masters and communicates the function of the Housing Choice
Voucher Program, its policies, procedures and objectives.
- Relieves department staff of time-consuming administrative
work, such as routine processing and/or form correspondence.
- Performs simple and routine data entry functions.
- Reviews source materials for completeness and accuracy prior to
entry into the ECS system.
- Performs basic clerical skills such as filing, sorting and
distributing mail, envelope preparation, etc.
- Ensures the reception area reflects a professional and safe
- Assists as needed to accept incoming interim changes from
- Assists as needed to accept applicant updates.
- Accepts and schedules hearings for the department.
- Assists as needed with special projects and/or tasks.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent with two (2) years of
directly related clerical experience. An equivalent combination of
related education and experience may be substituted.
- Must hold a valid Texas Driver License and maintain a
satisfactory drivers record. May operate Authority vehicle while on
Housing Authority business.
- Ability to work hours other than 8-5 in variable weather
conditions and overtime as required to meet Housing Authority goals
and objectives. PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred - Ability to understand and converse in Spanish.
- Preferred - One (1) year ECS computer experience KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Skilled in the use of personal computes; with a basic working
knowledge of MS Word program and MS Excel desired.
- Ability to demonstrate proper and professional telephone
- Proper conduct in dealing with the public with the ability to
handle high call volume and multi phone lines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
and follow and understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidential files and information.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships and
demonstrate good judgment and integrity with staff, applicants,
participants, and the public.
- Ability to deal effectively with diverse groups and
- Ability to plan and organize workload.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and comply with
- Utilizes supplies and equipment properly and without
- Works in a safety conscious manner which insures that safe work
practices are used in order not to pose a risk to self and
- Ability to successfully complete related training or classes as
assigned by the Housing Authority.
- Complies with company policies and procedures and local, state,
and government regulations, and maintains a dependable attendance
- Physical Demands: Primarily sedentary in nature, with
occasional lifting or moving of small objects of approximately
Keywords: Corpus Christi Housing, Corpus Christi , Receptionist, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...