Treatment Counselor-Substance Abuse TX LCDC license
Company: Core Civic
Posted on: January 19, 2023
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Treatment Counselors,
Community Corrections (Substance Abuse) who have a passion for
making lasting changes in the lives of offenders, as we set the
standards of care in the industry.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the
following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent
with the actual job performance requirements.
- Interviews and assesses prospective program participants, and
gathers data using appropriate screening and assessment
instruments. Establishes rapport with participants and determines
individual and group needs based on results of screening and
assessment instruments and other collateral sources.
- Facilitates individual and group treatment interventions, in
accordance with CoreCivic partner agencies, and prevailing state
regulations, statutes, p, licies and procedures. Uses standardized
offender assessment information in developing treatment plans or
- Facilitates participant engagement in the treatment process,
promoting positive attitudes, skills, coping mechanisms to
encourage on-going recovery. Plans participant incentives and uses
appropriate therapeutic tools to manage behavioral issues or
- Maintains the confidentiality of clinical files for each
participant to include, but not limited to, intake documents,
assessment(s), and interview(s), treatment plan, treatment plan
reviews, progress notes, discharge summary, and referrals,
according to written protocols and in compliance with prevailing
laws and regulation(s).
- Documents and tracks treatment plans, monitors inmate progress
and reviews status of inmates/residents to verify that treatment
and therapeutic programs are completed.Qualifications: -
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a
Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or a
closely related field is required. -
- One (1) year of experience in the mental health or substance
use counseling field is required. -
- Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the
educational requirement on a year-for-year basis. -
- TX LCDC license required. -
- A valid driver's license is required. -
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
-CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: Core Civic, Corpus Christi , Treatment Counselor-Substance Abuse TX LCDC license, Other , Portland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!