Company: Nueces County Community Action Agency
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*PROGRAM*: Birth-to-Five Head Start *EMPLOYMENT STATUS*:
Non-exempt *DEPARTMENT*: Education *JOB CLASSIFICATION*: Regular,
Full-time *REPORTS TO*: Site Based Manager *WORKING HOURS*: Monday
*LOCATION: To be determined based on the needs of the program.*
*GENERAL DESCRIPTION: *This position requires helping children
develop socially, intellectually, physically, and emotionally in a
stable learning environment through a daily curriculum plan.
Working hours for the full day program are Monday-Friday from 7:30
a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* Maintains open lines of communications with immediate supervisor,
subordinates, parents, and volunteers.
* Has classroom material ready at all times.
* Writes and implements daily lesson plans allowing an opportunity
for parent input.
* Documents children's files daily on class attendance & nutrition,
health, and behavior monitoring.
* Reinforces classroom and environmental safety.
* Screens children for disabilities and submits reports to the
Mental Health and Disability components.
* Involves parents in educational activities to enhance their role
as the principal influence on the child's education and
* Provides materials appropriate to the child's age and level of
* Serves the cultural background of the children using classroom
materials, activities and related languages.
* Coordinates and schedules center field trips related to
curriculum unit and supervises children on/off the bus.
* Promotes a high self-esteem, is a good role model, and follows
agency's behavior management system and code of ethics.
* Keeps in touch with each child's family by making two (2) home
visits each school year.
* Is required to administer and complete the developmental
screening on all Head Start children within 45 days of the child's
* Works closely with the children's family and the Family Service
Worker to maintain attendance.
* Attends to morning inspections-keeping children clean and well
groomed, serving meals and snacks, preparing for nap or rest time,
and toilet training.
* Participates in annual community assessment.
* Participates in Pre-Service training once a year and on-going
in-service workshops as required by the program.
* Maintains adequate amount of supplies at the center.
* Puts together monthly thematic bulletin boards in the
* Attends cluster meetings, parent meetings, and workshops.
* Works at Head Start Graduation Ceremonies and various social
* Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor, Site
Based Manager, Education Coordinator, or Director of Birth to Five
*MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS*Education and Experience:
* An Associate, Baccalaureate or advanced degree in early childhood
education or a field related to early childhood with experience in
teaching preschool children. If degree is in another field must be
willing to obtain Child Development Associate Credential (CDA), and
a willingness to work toward a Degree in early childhood.
* Must successfully complete and maintain the following permits,
* a) Food Handlers Permit (*must state ANSI in the certificate*);
will need to be renewed every two (2) years by expiration date
* www.efoodcard.com (not endorsed by NCCAA, but meet the
* b) First Aid certification; will need to be renewed every two (2)
years by expiration date
* c) CPR Infant/Toddler certification; will need to be renewed
every two (2) years by expiration date
* *CPR/First Aid must be for Adult/Pediatric CPR/First Aid/AED
(*Not endorsed: Mr. Rabagos - 361.779.8045)
* Bilingual ability in English and Spanish preferred but not
Please upload the following documents, along with your resume: 1-
College transcripts (you will need to have an unopened official
copy prior to onboarding)2- Child Development Associate Credential
(CDA)3- Food Handlers (*ANSI certified*) permit4- First Aid/CPR
Certification for *Adult/Pediatric CPR/First Aid/AED.*
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES*
* Demonstrates ability to read and write, keeps routine records,
follows written and oral instructions, and files alphabetically and
* Accepts responsibility for the direction, control, or planning of
* Makes judgments or decisions based on sensory or judgmental
criteria-relies on one or more of the five physical senses.
* Deals with people beyond giving and receiving instructions-is
courteous, cooperative, conscientious, and tactful in dealing with
employees and the general public.
* Performs job duties in a precise, thorough, and meticulous
* Possesses sensitivity towards families living below the
* Able to handle various projects at the same time in an effective
* Dresses in appropriate attire with a neat personal
* Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
* Requires 24 clock hours of training each year to meet TDPRS
* Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test, physical and
functional capacity evaluation prior to first day of
* Must successfully pass and submit a pre-employment TB screen and
periodically as indicated by the regional Texas Department of State
Health Services or local health authority.
* Must possess a valid Texas Driver's license (Operators-Class C)
and driving record must be approved by insurance company on an
* Must have transportation and current liability coverage on
vehicle to be used in the performance of job duties. Some out of
town travel may be required.
* Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
* Proof of work eligibility must be provided.
*Compensation: $17.50* - AA in ECD or Child Development or AA in
non-related degree with CDA *$18.50* - BA in ECD or Child
Development or BA in another major with CDA.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.50 - $18.50 per hour%58047475%
Keywords: Nueces County Community Action Agency, Corpus Christi , Teacher, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!