Policy & Compliance Projects Coordinator
Company: Driscoll Health
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Where compassion meets innovation and technology and our
employees are family.Thank you for your interest in joining our
team! Please review the job information below.General Purpose of
Job:The Policy & Compliance Projects Coordinator is responsible for
the creation, the coordination and facilitation of Driscoll-system
policies and procedures and assistance with other ethics and
compliance projects as assigned. This position interfaces with all
impacted Driscoll entities to facilitate the duties of this
position and portrays professionalism at all times and works
collaboratively with others to assure reliability of the processes
employed.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job
description is not intended to be all-inclusive; employee will
perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the
immediate supervisor and/or administration as required. To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Essential duties of this position
- Coordinates the review and approval of policies and procedures
and becomes a subject matter expert on the policy approval process
and the policy management system used to review, approve, store,
and retrieve policies and procedures.
- Helps to ensure that policies and procedures conform to
applicable regulatory, legal, accreditation, operational, and
organizational standards and works closely with the policy and
procedure owners to correct any deficiencies.
- Maintains the policy management system used for policies and
- Ensures policies and procedures are timely reviewed/approved by
policy owners/responsible parties.
- May assist with developing and providing policy and procedure
approval process/policy management system education.
- Assists with other policy and procedure-related assignments and
duties as requested.
- Works with key stakeholders to create, implement and maintain
required policies and procedures for new facility.Ethics and
Compliance and Regulatory Projects and Work:
- Edits written material for accuracy, formatting arrangement of
material and compliance with applicable federal, state and local
rules and regulations and standards.
- Provides assistance with tasks and project
coordination/management support relative to ethics and compliance
and regulatory projects and work as assigned. This may include, but
is not limited to:
- Assistance with review and coordination of compliance-related
education/training materials and activities.
- Assistance with research and information gathering for various
ethics and compliance reports and oversight activities.
- Assistance with conducting monthly state and federal healthcare
program exclusion screenings.
- Assists with other ethics and compliance and regulatory
assignments and duties as requested.Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's degree (related to legal studies, paralegal studies
or compliance is preferred), paralegal certificate or equivalent
work experience in a health care, hospital, managed care or other
- Ability to read and comprehend statues, laws, rules,
regulations and standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent
formatting skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and credible
communications with administration, medical staff, departments and
- Demonstrates polished interpersonal skills, high energy, and
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint,
Microsoft Excel and writing reports).
- Experience with Microsoft Track Changes, PolicyTech,
SharePoint, and Lucidoc preferred.
- Policy review and development experience preferred.
Keywords: Driscoll Health, Corpus Christi , Policy & Compliance Projects Coordinator, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!