Patient Transporter - Central Transport - PRN
Company: Christus Health
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: May 14, 2022
DescriptionSummary:In order to move patient to and/or from
admitting, the emergency department, multiple procedural locations,
bed units, and to the discharge lounge, the transporter is key for
safe, timely, and efficient movement of patients throughout the
acute care setting. This position will support nurses and ancillary
staff in carrying out physician orders. This position is
responsible for managing each patient experience to assure the
safety and comfort of all patients entrusted to their care.
Included in the safety of the patient is maintaining a hygienically
clean transport aid in good mechanical condition. In addition to
transporting patients, the incumbent will provide courier service
within the hospital system to retrieve medical records and other
materials/information necessary for the care of the patient.
-CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking
Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical
facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and
surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It
is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II
Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and
nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a
state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M
University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke TeamThe Shoreline campus is
a premiere facility housing many of the region's most vital and
renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally
accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain
Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus
Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which
was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular
hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most
advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services
in one convenient location.Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Optimal strength to turn, move, and assist ambulation of acute
- Basic knowledge of body mechanics.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Weight training, including core strength
- Assisting handicapped or seriously ill patients with mobility
issues, such as transferring from bed to wheelchair with or without
a gate belt or other mobility assistance.
- Demonstrated positive customer service interactions and
willingness to adapt to unique situations as needed to best serve
the needs of patients.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and work collaboratively
with a variety of personalities and clinical disciplines.
- Demonstrated professional attitude when dealing with patients
and all Associates.
- CPR (American Heart Association
- Patient Care Certification preferred.Work Type: -Per Diem As
Keywords: Christus Health, Corpus Christi , Patient Transporter - Central Transport - PRN, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!