Petroleum Inspector - Corpus Christi, TX
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: January 12, 2022
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and
certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark
for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, we
operate a network of more than 2,600 offices and laboratories
around the world.
Petroleum Inspector, performs testing of bulk liquid or gaseous
hydrocarbon or chemical cargo supervision services, such as but not
limited to, gauging, sampling and reconciliation of transfer from
shore tank, barge or ship to shore tank, barge or ship. Acts in
accordance with Client, SGS Operational Excellence practices and
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physically
samples, measures, and takes the temperature of vessel's tanks and
shore tanks utilizing a variety of methods dictated by company and
American Petroleum Institute (API) procedures.
- Follows Safely standards and performs job efficiently. Works
within defined technical processes and procedures or
- Calculates and reports quantities of the bulk liquid or gaseous
hydrocarbon transferred and performs full reconciliation.
- Completes all required reports and forms, using the SGS
propriety Ship Inspection Report (SIR) and / or Site Acceptance
Test (SAT) systems.
- Works in cooperation with client's representatives, US Customs,
vessel personnel, government agents and shore facility
- Maintains regular communication with the business unit office
staff with reference to job status, problems, concerns, etc.
- Maintains knowledge and adheres to the latest industry, client
and SGS internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Operates to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with
the SGS Code of Integrity including adhering to all company safety
- Assists in other branch duties as assigned related to back
office support and housekeeping.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Continues to gain knowledge and expertise in the
- Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard
- Has no discretion to vary from established procedures by
performing structured work assignments
- Language Skills: English - Basic level required
- Mathematical Skills: Basic level of proficiency with a good
understanding of fractions and decimals
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate level required
- Computer Skills: MS Office - Basic to Intermediate user
- Communication Skills: Must be able to effectively present
information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups
both within the organization or while representing the
- Flexibility: Must be flexible with ability to accept changes in
instructions on short notice
- Individual must be dependable and reliable whose daily presence
adds to the success of the Department
- Must have a positive attitude and show eagerness to accomplish
goals and achieve desired results while working independently or in
a team setting
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, while performing
numerous projects with different deadlines
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources
Education And Experience
Required: High School or equivalent
- 6 months to 2 years of transferable industry experience
- Preferred: Completion of internal Inspector Development Program
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid Driver's License is required
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) is
- Must maintain valid Driver's License and TWIC card once
obtained through course of employment
- International Federation of Inspection Agencies (IFIA)
Certification is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: SGS, Corpus Christi , Petroleum Inspector - Corpus Christi, TX, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!