Registered Vascular Tech - Per Diem Azura
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: January 11, 2022
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service
philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including
following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. Responsible
for the operation and quality control of the ultrasound equipment
in accordance with the FMC policies, procedures and training.
Utilizing specialized ultrasonic equipment to detect abnormalities
in specific areas or angles of the body.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs various activities necessary for the preparation of
the patient and the procedure room for the ultrasound procedure in
compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures and state and federal
- Prepares and positions patients for exam by greeting them,
bringing them to the exam room and giving them sufficient time to
change into examination gown. Moves the patient while on the
examination table for the best results. Is responsible for
patient's safety, mental and physical comfort while in the
- Records and maintains all records pertaining to the exam.
Maintains a daily log of patients seen for billing purposes and
ensures patient images were saved to PACS.
- Documents all findings observed during the procedure and
reports to physician for interpretation.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and complies with
all policies and procedures pertaining to the work environment. Use
proper infection control measures-wiping down machine/probe and
whatever else the patient comes in contact with (chair/stretcher)
with approved cleaner (EZ Kill wipes) between all patients and
after last patient.
- Stocks exam rooms with medical/surgical supplies, gowns, linens
etc. Inspects all equipment and notifies manager of
- May give manager input for policy development and
- Updates manager regarding equipment operating condition, wear
and tear and provides recommendations for capital purchases as
- Participates in quality and personal improvement programs and
meetings e.g. QA on the portal, training sessions, attends
quarterly safety/QA meetings. Remains current on Joint Commission
standards and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of patient
- Performs additional tasks as designated by Physician,
practicing in compliance with state regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more
departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or
location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. Travel to Regional, Divisional and
Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be
exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Graduation for an accredited ultrasound program.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT), or
- Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS), or
- Registered Cardiovascular Sonographer (RCS)
Ultrasound Certification (either listed below)
- American Registry For Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- 1 year experience as a RVT or, RVS or, RCS
- 4-6 years of related experience preferred
Good communication skills - written and verbal
- Able to follow directions and is detail oriented
- Licensure requirement per state regulations
- CPR certification for Health Care Providers
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Corpus Christi , Registered Vascular Tech - Per Diem Azura, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!