Unit Tech - NICU
Company: Driscoll Children's Hospital
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The NICU Tech is responsible for clerical, secretarial and
computer related duties and departmental equipment, its inventory,
cleaning, disinfection and preparation for patient use. Maintains
supplies and equipment inventory in designated areas within the
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are
ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity
- Communications skills maintained, verbal, phone and
- Clerical skills and responsibilities.
- Documentation responsibilities.
- Adheres to generic structure with regard to legal issues,
patient rights, patient valuables, and confidentiality.
- Maintains working knowledge of unit/generic structure, DCH
Policy and Procedure and Integrity Program.
- Maintains professionalism/self development.
- Participates in CQI and problem solving/decision making.
- Receive assignment from charge nurse.
- Reports assignment issues to the charge nurse and bedside
- Maintains supply levels at the bedside according to established
- Maintains linen levels at the established par level.
- Follow infection control recommendation.
- Changes disinfecting solution
- Disinfects cleaning area
- Assists with department Continuous Quality Improvement and
Infection Control Plans.
- Disassembles, cleans, and disinfects all soiled reusable
supplies and equipment.
- Cover all linen carts.
- Empty over flowing linen containers.
- Cleans, bedsides of patients including top of monitors and
- Reassembles and prepares equipment for reuse and labels "ready
to be checked".
- Maintains clear window shelves.
- Maintains hallways clean of excess equipment and supplies.
- Keeps boxes off the floor.
- Picks up discontinued equipment from all patient care
- Logs in special supplies that are delivered directly to the
- Delivers equipment to critical care storage areas and maintains
inventory of essential stock.
- Delivers supplies and equipment where requested.
- Maintains medical gas inventory as appropriate.
- Forwards disposable and reusable supplies and equipment
replacement list to secretary for review and ordering.
- Assists with bulk supply and equipment inventory control.
- Monitors equipment electrical safety labels and forwards
required items to Biomed Department.
- Identifies defective equipment and forwards to Biomed or as
directed by department for evaluation prior to requesting
- Assists with monitoring all inventory and equipment, supplies
on a daily basis or as directed by department head.
- Completes errands or procurements as requested (Lab, Pharmacy,
Central Sterile etc)
- Other duties and responsibilities as delegated.Education and/or
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and
experience.IND123Classification:Full-time Regular (72+ hrs/pp)Work
Schedule:12 hr. Days
Keywords: Driscoll Children's Hospital, Corpus Christi , Unit Tech - NICU, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!