RN, Registered Nurse - ICU 4NT
Company: Christus Health
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and
well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician
during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed
medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient
vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care,
condition, reaction, and progress.
The unit is a 24 bed Neuro/Surgical ICU, with neuro being the
primary focus.We admit a vast array of patients including Strokes
with and without TPA administration, head trauma, craniotomies,
aneurysm repairs, ICP monitoring, EVD placement/monitoring and
organ procurement.From a surgical standpoint we care for all
patients out of PACU (GI, ORTHO, SPINAL, etc.) with exception to
any open hearts.We also admit medical ICU patients and on occasion
will take overflow cardiac patients.The floor often has many
bedside procedures; chest tube, bronchoscopy, EGD, to name a few.We
have great teamwork and a family atmosphere.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- Unit Specific Requirements
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Coronary Oth (A4), Ssh Cardio Icu
(Cvicu), Ssh Icu/Micu 3 & Ssh Trauma Icu:NIHSS required within 90
days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Cardio Icu (Cvicu) & Ssh Icu/Micu 3:EKG
within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Trauma Icu:TNCC required within 18 months of hire/transfer
date Ssh Trauma Icu:ENPC or PALS required within 18 months of
Keywords: Christus Health, Corpus Christi , RN, Registered Nurse - ICU 4NT, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!