Patient Access Rep - Admitting - PRN
Company: Christus Health
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Patient Access Representative will facilitate a welcome and
courteous environment, while establishing a positive encounter with
any patient who is in need of services.Patient Access staff ensures
that all data entry is accurate including procedural requirements,
data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services,
demographic and financial information for each account.Responsible
for the successful financial outcome of all patient services to
include collections for all patient portions including prior
balances.Communicate effectively with patients and families,
physicians, nurses, insurance companies and third party payers.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking
Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical
facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and
surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It
is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II
Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and
nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a
state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M
University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the
region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke
Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally
recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn
Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart
Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100
cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute
offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative
cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with various software
programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other
department specific programs
- Perform Mathematical calculations proficiently.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform
- Must be able to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze data.
- Computer basic keyboard skills, telephone skills and general
knowledge of office machines including printers, copier, scanner,
and credit card machines required.
- One year of experience in hospital registration or comparable
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge if basic medical terminology preferred.
Per Diem As Needed
Keywords: Christus Health, Corpus Christi , Patient Access Rep - Admitting - PRN, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!