Food Service Worker (Cook I) Cmty Cor - Corpus Christi
Posted on: July 15, 2021
Interviews every Tuesday & Thursday from 10AM – 2PM CST 1515 N
Tancahua St, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (361) 883-1004
Receive a $2,000 bonus, paid in increments based on
length of service. Joining our Community of Heroes is the
first step towards accumulating employee rewards. Apply and learn
more about our newest perk.
we care for people! CoreCivic is currently
seeking a Food Service Worker, Community Corrections who has
a passion for providing the highest quality care in a residential
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality,
secured corrections and detention management services and
residential and non-residential transition
centers. We provide effective programs
that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for
success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee,
CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and
over 50 community residential and non- residential
centers. Our employees are driven by a deep
sense of service, high standards of professionalism, and a
responsibility to better the public good.
- More than just a job but the start of a successful
- Supportive environment where employee growth is
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Food Service Worker, Community Corrections performs
high volume food preparation of average difficulty and/or leads
residents in food production activities. Follows
proper food handling procedures to ensure compliance with
processes, food preparation methods and sanitary
- Participate and/or lead resident workers in the preparation of
meals and special diets in accordance with standard menus and
recipe cards approved by a registered dietitian.
- Assist and/or leads residents in cleaning the kitchen and
equipment, cooking and baking volume meals and receiving and
- Assist in and/or direct the serving of meals in accordance with
feeding schedule and in compliance with standards to include
portion control, temperature and proper serving
- Conduct inspections of equipment and work area, to include
kitchen, storeroom, pantry, service and dining areas, for
compliance with the requirements of all applicable policies,
procedures, rules, standards and/or health, sanitation and safety
laws; reports results of inspections as
- Assist in maintaining inventory and in ordering and receiving
food and food preparation supplies.
- Maintain a
variety of routine records and prepares routine reports such as
food stores, meal counts, work schedules, production records,
temperature logs and resident disciplinary reports; properly
process all reports and documents in a timely manner.
- High School diploma, GED certification or
equivalent is required.
- Experience in food service and good
knowledge of volume food service operation, including safety and
sanitation is preferred.
- Must meet all state and local government
food handling requirements.
- Must be available to work any hours, any
- A valid driver's license is
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Corpus Christi , Food Service Worker (Cook I) Cmty Cor - Corpus Christi, Other , Refugio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!