VP of Finance & Accounting
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Manages the finance and accounting functions of the credit union
to ensure financial internal controls are sound and operations are
- Ten (10) years progressive bank or credit union finance and
- Five (5) years management experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting, or finance.
Additional Desired Qualifications and
- Experienced leadership within an organization or corporate
division that is substantial in size and resources.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and applicable state and federal
- Proven ability to perform, interpret and analyze financial
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Responsible for preparing accurate recurring financial reports
and analysis to support and provide insights for management
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies
and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting.
Ensuring that records and general ledger accounts are maintained
and balanced in accordance with generally accepted accounting
- Responsible for variance and profitability analyses. Assists in
reporting strategic performance metrics.
- Responsible for annual budget process and budget report package
submitted for board approval.
- Responsible for quarterly call reporting to regulators.
- Provides informed, proactive analysis and credit union insights
to enable effective decision-making and efficient resource
- Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the credit
union, its products and processes to resolve issues and navigate
barriers to deliver efficient work product.
- Responsible for working with management in identifying changes
in the workflow or other items with potential financial reporting
- Work with Executive Management throughout the financial
statement preparation and annual budget process.
- Communicates changes to management, related staff, or business
partners (i.e., internal and external audit, treasury, regulators,
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options
to support company growth needs.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results
management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and
cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Managing all tax reporting and compliance with federal, state,
sales, property and other applicable taxes.
- Ensure reports on Product and Responsibility Center
profitability are produced and make recommendations for improving
financial and business results.
- Supervise Approximately: 5-17 employees
- Demonstrate NACCU leadership standards through support for our
culture, values, and behavioral expectations.
- Build and nurture strong relationships in order to influence
desired outcomes and achieve organizational goals.
- Build and nurture a culture of organizational maturation and
growth, one that values continuous improvement of business
processes, thereby boosting execution, effectiveness, and ability
to scale to successfully meet member expectations.
- Create a climate in which people apply new skills and accrue
new responsibilities, thus perpetually reinventing their jobs.
- Commit to individual professional growth and development.
- Monitors processes, performance standards, and directs daily
activity of finance and accounting team.
- Manages employee performance and facilitates professional
development and career progression.
- Participate on special projects and perform other tasks as
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to perform job functions independently or with
limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part
of a team.
- Must have a strong ability to read and carry out various
written instructions and follow oral instructions.
- Must have a strong ability to speak clearly and deliver
information in a logical and understandable sequence.
- Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with
numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various
levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate
highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under
the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and
quality and/or fast pace.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and
- Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on
both internal and external confidential matters.
Keywords: ExecuNet, Corpus Christi , VP of Finance & Accounting, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!