Pediatric Home Health Licensed Vocational Nurse PRN
Company: Chenega Corporation
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: June 12, 2021
AKESO HEALTH SERVICES, LLC
Corpus Christi, Tx.
The Pediatric LVN will administer skilled nursing care under the
supervision of a registered nurse to pediatric patients, in their
places of residence; coordinate care with the interdisciplinary
team, patient, family and referring agency.
- Under the direction of the RN, assist in identifying the
patient's physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs as
evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, team
report, and evaluations.
- Participate in planning and implementing care in conjunction
with the RN, in accordance with the POC.
- Provide care utilizing infection control measures that protect
both staff and patient (OSHA).
- Assure the continuity of care through delivery of quality
- Provide effective communication to patient/family, team
members, and other health care professionals as evidenced by
clinical notes, case conferences, communication notes, and
- Monitor assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements
of third-party payor.
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure
quality of care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing.
- Current Texas license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse, current
Texas Driver's License.
- Minimum one-year experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in a
clinical care pediatric setting, home health experience
- Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of
practice and pediatric competency.
- Proof of current CPR, negative TB screen, Hepatitis B
- Reliable transportation and valid auto liability
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Works in patients' home in various conditions, possible
exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious diseases, the
ability to work a flexible schedule, the ability to travel locally,
some exposure to unpleasant weather, PRN emergency call.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Corpus Christi , Pediatric Home Health Licensed Vocational Nurse PRN, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!