ANS Nitrogen Operator
Company: Airgas Inc
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JOB PURPOSE: The primary function of this job is to safely pumps
liquid nitrogen at assigned customer locations. Communicate daily
with district manager and field supervisor to ensure customer
service levels and efficiency of operations. Embody the Airgas
Nitrogen Services safety culture and adherence to rules and
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following but not limited
- Operate nitrogen pumping units and supporting equipment
- Assist with rig up/ rig down of nitrogen pumping units and
supporting equipment on the job site
- Completes all company, customer, state and federal required
training including Smith Safe, Cone and G.O.A.L. programs
- Perform basic maintenance on all equipment.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding progress, obstacles,
issues, and process improvement suggestions.
- Complies with all company policies, safety policies and
procedures, and DOT and OSHA requirements
- Willing to drive company vehicles to national field locations,
operate equipment in all types of weather conditions, and adhere to
schedule determined by customers demand.
- Read maps and follows written and verbal geographic
- Maintain required DOT, Federal, State and company records
including handwritten logs or digital logs, hours of service,
payroll hours, vehicle inspections, job and maintenance reports,
service tickets, and shipping manifests according to state and
federal DOT regulations
- Performs pre and post trip inspections on truck according to
DOT and company maintenance checklist, if applicable
- Maintains truck cleanliness and performs general maintenance on
equipment as needed, if applicable
- Maintain appropriate driver's license with Hazmat and Tanker
endorsements, if applicable
- Other functions as directed by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge",
skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will
- Solid organizational, team-building and people skills. The
ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using
the English language.
- Calm and professional demeanor, in control of workload and able
to handle multiple tasks and interruptions.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written
instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Attention to detail with ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures properly
EDUCATION and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift, pickup truck/company
- Basic knowledge of cryogenic pumps, tanks, transports,
hydraulic equipment and diesel engines preferred
- One year of tractor trailer or bulk tanker driving experience
within the last four years preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License with
tanker endorsements preferred
- Must obtain a Hazmat Endorsement and TWIC card within 90 days
of hire date, if applicable
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be available to work in the field on assignment for 28
- Able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or
feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop,
kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to focus objects.
- Ability to routinely lift, carry, push and pull 10 - 55 lbs.,
and occasionally push and pull 56 - 100 lbs.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for 10-14 hours daily, if
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas Inc, Corpus Christi , ANS Nitrogen Operator, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!