Company: Cenikor Foundation
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Counselor is responsible for providing substance abuse
treatment and services to ensure that each client develops the
skills necessary to live a life free from substance dependence.
SCHEDULE: Tuesday thourgh Saturday 8am to 5pm
- Work with clients to develop and implement an individualized,
written treatment plan within three (3) service days of
- Develop individualized treatment plan based on comprehensive
- Conduct regularly scheduled treatment plan reviews every
- Provide individual and group counseling services to each client
as indicated by the therapeutic schedule and treatment plan.
- Responsible for providing daily interactions with all detox
clients as appropriate.
- Conducts self as a rational authority and role model.
- Work in conjunction with all facility staff to facilitate a
safe environment for client recovery.
- Complete client discharge summary within two (2) working days
of discharge from the program.
- Complete required referral reports accurately and submit as
- Monitor length of authorization by reviewing in Welligent and
communication with Insurance/Billing and create/update treatment
- Ensure documentation is complete and accurate and meets the
criteria for appropriate level of care according to clinical,
funding and billing
- Ensure documentation in the clinical record is legible and
complies with documentation standards.
- Work closely with management team to uphold the core principles
of Cenikors culture and create a positive working environment for
all team members.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulatory standards
as well as Cenikor policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation
matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the
exempt functions as assigned in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Possesses strong clinical documentation skills.
- Experienced and/or knowledgeable in providing education and
therapeutic counseling for individuals and for groups.
- Experienced and capable of identifying appropriate resources
for client development and providing substance abuse
- Capable of discerning facts from opinions and remaining
objective when listening to conflicting opinions.
- Experienced in working with diverse population.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive
deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required, including MS
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikors
Culture with all team members:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including
appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others
- Two (2) years of substance abuse treatment experience
- Experience with electronic health record system preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Cenikor Foundation, Corpus Christi , Counselor, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!