Auto Service Tech
Company: Sames Motor Company
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive wages
- Medical insurance plan
- 401k retirement
- A professional and respectful work environment
- Paid vacation/holidays
- Employee vehicle purchase program
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Efficiently perform the needed services by utilizing state of
the art automotive equipment.
- Assist technician mechanics in performing technical
- Inspect, diagnose and repair to specifications vehicle
automotive systems including engine, transmission, brake and
hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and
electrical, steering, suspension and alignment, braking, air
conditioning, and computer systems.
- Adequately explain discovered technical diagnoses and required
repairs to service advisors and if necessary to customers.
- Continuously seek out and learn new technical information,
equipment, tools and techniques in formal training sessions in
order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Professionally record findings on approved documents so that
necessary customer estimates and proper repairs can be made.
- Assist technician/mechanics in performing technical
- Keeps store management aware of mechanical repair problems as
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Maintain an organized, clean and hazard free work
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Experience in automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving
and repair experience to succeed in this position.
- A high level of motivation and energy and strong customer
service skills are also required.
- Appropriate hand tools necessary for services performed.
- Safe working knowledge of shop tools and equipment such as
scanners, electrical diagnostic equipment, A/C recovery equipment,
fluid exchange equipment, lift operation, etc.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and A/C Refrigerant
handling certifications are a plus, but not required unless
performing A/C or other license required services.
- Ability to identify, comprehend and act on changing
requirements; ability to work well under different environment
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach and retrieve; lift, move, carry,
and load items of various sizes and weights in operable and
- Ability to communicate and understand English and Spanish;
including reading and writing.
- Maintain a valid driver license, ability to drive a variety of
vehicle types, insurable.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Working Conditions: Must be able to stand on concrete or metal
surfaces for extended periods of time. Work in an environment that
frequently experiences extreme hot and cold temperatures, loud
noises, and exhaust fumes. Lift and move inventory items, trashcans
and other work related items (up to 50 pounds). Must be able to
stand and move six to eight hours per day. Must be able to push,
pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the
waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as
needed, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands, for either
extended periods of time or many times throughout the shift.
Keywords: Sames Motor Company, Corpus Christi , Auto Service Tech, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!