Location: port lavaca
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Company: INEOS NITRILES USA LLC
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees
share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a
Organizational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a rapidly growing manufacturer of petrochemicals,
specialty and intermediate chemicals and polymers. INEOS includes
67 manufacturing facilities in 16 countries throughout the world
with approximately 17,000 employees. INEOSs annual turnover is
around $40bn making it one of the largest chemical companies in the
The INEOS Nitriles Green Lake Plant located near Victoria,
Texas, is a world scale, state of the art chemical complex. The
primary product from this site is Acrylonitrile, a chemical
intermediate used in the production of acrylic fibers, plastics,
and nitrile rubber. Acetonitrile and Hydrogen Cyanide are
co-products of the Acrylonitrile production process. Acetonitrile
is purified through a proprietary process to produce a very high
quality material with little waste generated.
Purpose of the job:
The primary role of this position is to implement sustainable
processes for current and future mechanical and electromechanical
systems. To maintain systems and product data bases for all
critical rotating and fixed mechanical equipment. To use root cause
analysis to determine equipment failures for rotating and fixed
mechanical equipment and recommend/implement corrective actions.
This role also provides engineering support for the mechanical
projects as well as new fabrication or construction. Acts as a
consultant to the Management Team on the mechanical reliability of
process equipment and the ability of this equipment to perform in
meeting operational plans. Recommends and advises on materials of
construction for new equipment and the maintenance and repair of
existing equipment to assure that operations will be safe,
reliable, and efficient. Responsible for mechanical integrity
management through the development, maintenance, and periodic
review of the critical equipment list, operating/integrity
envelopes, applicable damage mechanisms, and inspection plans.
Stays current with new inspection techniques and technologies and
advises on their application and limitations. Maintains a safe,
efficient operation and established operating conditions, meets
production needs and product specifications, as well as ISO, ILCI,
PSM, VPP, and Responsible Care requirements. Adheres to and
supports the INEOS 20 Principles and INEOS Global Life Saving
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Develops, implements, and maintains site Mechanical Programs to
meet the principles of INEOS standards, as required by Federal,
State and Industry Codes and Standards, and in accordance with
plant reliability and operational safety.
- Works alongside the Production Asset Integrity Engineers to
ensure proper execution of the sites Mechanical Integrity
- Provides engineering solutions to known asset issues to ensure
to reliability, availability and operability.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a strong quantitative
protocol per API and ASME standards and INEOS directives.
- Calculates and maintains criticality rankings for rotating and
- Develops programs and metrics needed to predict asset
- Determines applicable damage mechanisms for all assets to
ensure reliability during changing conditions, operational upsets,
- Participates in the creation and ongoing maintenance of site
operating windows to incorporate integrity related information and
stays abreast of any breaches to assess impact to the overall
integrity of the affected items.
- Develops and maintains detailed preventive and predictive plans
for all items related to mechanical fixed equipment and rotating.
Including proper inspection techniques according to determined
damage mechanisms, known integrity issues, operational upsets, SHE
alerts, and other issues that occur over the lifetime of the
- Analyzes all equipment data and recommends further action when
needed, assesses early retirement dates, and updates future
- Works with Millwrights on rotating equipment and proper
- Maintains the overall framework, databases, and information in
the sites asset PCMS system.
- Maintains the five-year CAPEX rotating and fixed asset program,
provides appraise stage information to site project management, and
consults with project managers on ongoing projects.
- Maintains and reports all rotating equipment and related KPIs
to site Management Team.
- Works with the sites asset integrity engineer on the asset
- Participates in Management of Change reviews by reviewing all
integrity-related Category "A" Modifications.
- Reviews mechanical site bid packages to ensure proper
application of INEOS Nitriles Engineering Practices.
- Participate in audits and interviews, including 20 Principles,
OSHA, PSM, ISO 9002, etc.
Education & Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or relevant Engineering field from
an accredited university is required.
- 10+ years of mechanical integrity experience in a
- Strong background in boilers, fire systems, and cooling water
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrates expert level mechanical engineering expertise and
makes a significant contribution through innovative solutions to
- Provides technical leadership for rotating and fixed
- Possesses a solid understanding and demonstrates knowledgeable
application of both internal and external engineering codes and
- Knowledgeable in maintenance management system and asset
integrity management system software programs, such as SAP and
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills are
- Maintains well developed outside contacts among other INEOS
sites, technology providers, equipment suppliers, engineering
firms, professional associations, and industry peers to share
expertise and implement best practices.
- Ability to climb fixed ladder cages at heights of 30 ft. at a
time. Total of 200 ft. (Employee may need ladders as means of
egress during emergency).
- Ability to climb 6 flights of stairs.
- Ability to enter enclosed spaces through 18 man-way for
cleaning and inspection purposes.
- Ability to lift 50 lb.
- Ability to wear required PPE: Hardhat, safety glasses, chemical
goggles, face shield, rigid safety shoes/boots, full/half face
- Ability to work length of time outdoors/ inclement
- Job specific: Climbing, balance, bend/stoop, kneeling,
reaching, lifting, carrying.
- Need to evaluate understanding of proper lifting techniques and
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on
safety, health and environmental performance. On our team, people
are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real
value for customers.
Keywords: Ineos, Corpus Christi , Engineer, Other , port lavaca, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!