Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Occidental Petroleum Corp.(Oxy)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge?
Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing,
action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company
continually striving to be the best in the business while staying
focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has
and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North
American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine
and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of
indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water
treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash,
chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates
and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top
three producers in the United States in 2020 for the principal
products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the
company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a
supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our
employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top
performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and
providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are
looking for experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the
position of Human Resources Coordinator within our Ingleside Plant
located in Gregory, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide overall administrative support to Plant Manager and HR
- Prepare reports for local and Corporate requirements; i.e.
headcount, absenteeism, overtime, STD, etc.
- Serve as plant administrator for PeopleSoft.
- Play a lead role for employee activities; i.e., picnic, service
awards, United Way campaign, etc.
- Assist with special projects and events as requested by staff
(area officials' visits, Community Advisory Panel (CAP) meetings),
- Prepare and input all the required paperwork for HR
transactions such as transfers, merit increases, hourly progression
increases, promotions, STD, and LTD.
- Participate in the new hire onboarding process.
- Manage individual contribution requests and track status of
- Maintain personnel files and records in accordance with
applicable laws and policies, etc.
- Serve as Notary Public for the plant site.
- Primary assembly point coordinator for the Admin. Bldg.
- Place orders for floral arrangements for funerals and
hospitalizations of employees.
- Serve as Test Administrator for hourly pre-employment
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and possess the
ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Capable of organizing and prioritizing heavy workloads with
accuracy and minimal supervision, meeting critical deadlines.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and exhibit
flexibility when work assignments or priorities change.
- Must have the ability to maintain composure under
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime,
- Must have a strong sense of customer focus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb
ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be
able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a
respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Taleo Recruiting System.
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with
Keywords: Occidental Petroleum Corp.(Oxy), Corpus Christi , Human Resources Coordinator, Other , Gregory, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!