Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: October 11, 2020
KRIS, the Scripps NBC Station in Corpus Christi, Texas is
searching for an aggressive and experienced Meteorologist.
The successful candidate must have a passion for winning severe
weather and telling a compelling weather story even on bright sunny
days. We are looking for a team player who can help with every
aspect of meteorology, from forecasting, to preparing graphics, to
reporting in the field, being an integral part of severe weather
coverage, and reaching our consumers not only on TV, but online and
on social media.
You must be a digital powerhouse, leveraging the web, OTT, and all
social platforms to make sure that local audiences are seeing,
talking about and sharing information generated by our weather
team. You must be a risk taker and someone ready to adapt, change
and think out of the box.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for analyzing meteorological data gathered by
satellites and radar to prepare reports and forecasts for the
- Interpret and analyze weather data to create local
- Report information "live" in scheduled newscasts, during
unscheduled cut-ins, on-line and on social media as
- Develop graphics and presentation of weather
- Report on a variety of subjects and write stories for
broadcasts and sweeps pieces.
- Participate in certain aspects of newscast anchoring including
some copy delivery and interviewing.
- Participate in community outreach projects.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelors degree in Meteorology.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience.
- Thorough knowledge of weather data interpretation and
- Ability to deliver weather information in a concise and
- Ability to create computer generated graphics.
- Computer literate, including newsroom computer
- Proficient at posting content to various platforms.
- Strong organizational, time management and problem solving
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In
addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of
the world through journalism. As the nation's fourth-largest
independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television
stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of
news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and
reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including
Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through
digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and
Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services.
Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in
Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps
National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for
decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps
Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment
decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition,
disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and
military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which
would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local
law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so
would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, Corpus Christi , Meteorologist, KRIS, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!