Specialist, HSSE Safety II
Company: Buckeye Partners, L.P.
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Requisition Number 20-0030 Post Date 1/30/2020 Title Specialist,
HSSE Safety II City Corpus Christi State TX DescriptionFounded in
1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability
and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to
safely providing service and value to our customers, operating
under a strong set of values, and empowering our
employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to
environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies.
Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of
responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to
experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of
our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate,
and be a significant contributor from their first day on the
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Specialist HSSE -
with pipeline and terminal safety compliance experience in the Oil
& Gas Industry to join our team!
Responsible for implementing safety policies in addition to
supporting district asset teams and training programs. Ensure
district and terminal safety and training requirements, emergency
response activities and safety compliance audits for the
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
- Direct and assist the asset teams in the implementation of
safety training requirements within assigned Field Operations and
Terminals Employee's throughout the district.
- Assist asset teams in performing annual safety audits of
pipeline and terminal facilities and electrical safety inspections
- Assist asset teams in performing required environmental audits
- Communicate and reinforce safety and defensive driving as the
- Conduct investigations Apollo-certified RCA practitioner,
capable of leading RCA for major incident/event such as for
injuries, vehicle accidents, product releases and other incidents
- Respond to pipeline and terminal emergencies serving as the
Site Safety and Health Officer, ICS Coordinator, or assist in clean
up and mediation technical
- Assist as liaison between Safety and state agencies.
- Assist asset teams and provide technical advice regarding
safety equipment and safety procedures throughout district.
- Perform active work audits and consulting during hydrostatic
pressure tests, pipe repairs and replacements, tank repairs and
other pipeline and terminal activities.
- Present district-wide training of new Company programs, such
as, Manuals Usage, Defensive Driving and Train-the-Trainer sessions
and support asset teams in this area as needed.
- Assist with writing and revising System and Local Operating
Manuals and support asset teams in this area as needed.
- Maintain and assist asset team members in Tank Fire Fighting
Action Plans and Emergency Response Plans.
- Work with asset team and district work team to conduct PREP
Notification, Exercise Drills for the District.
- Make recommendations and provide consultation in assigned
safety program specialties.
- Conduct New Employee Training School and Smith Driving
Instruction and assist with Operations Training School as
- Assist Health, Safety, Security and Environmental management in
developing company-wide safety and training programs.
- Represent the Company at pipeline public awareness meetings for
- When required, perform management of work associated with:
capital projects; enhancements to existing facilities; and
accommodations of outside public or private plans.
- Assist District and Asset Teams in the development of Safety
- Support District Work and Asset Team objectives and immediate
needs. This includes doing something that may be outside a normal
area of expertise or responsibility.
- Provide assistance as requested from any other member of the
District Work Team.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree for entry level and Bachelor's degree required
for higher level, preferably in Safety or other related
- Entry level through 10+ years pipeline health and safety
compliance experience required depending on level.
- Recognized as subject matter expert (SME) in two or more HSSE
program areas and fully-competent in supporting assigned territory
in all aspects of HSSE compliance
- Understanding of pipeline and terminal maintenance, operations
and emergency response including NIIMS Incident Command System
- OSHA General Industry Training, preferred
- IS-700 NIMS & ICS 100, preferred
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products required.
Experience in Visio and Sharepoint desired.
- District positions require extensive travel (50% - 60%).
Corporate positions require (30% - 40%) travel. Incumbent must be
flexible and willing to travel on short notice occasionally for
extended period of times or under adverse weather conditions.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Valid Driver's license
- CSP or other relevant certifications highly desired.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to communicate well with Federal and
State regulatory inspectors.
- Good written and oral communication skills, presentation
skills, and organizational and scheduling skills are essential.
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully
perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other
federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative
and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual
attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- The incumbent must meet medical criteria established by OSHA
for emergency response.
- This position may require exposure to hazardous environments
and require the wearing of a respirator.
- This position requires adherence with DOT Drug and Alcohol
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel,
reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl.
- The employee must be able to perform field safety inspections,
enter confined spaces, and respond to pipeline and terminal
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess
excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must
be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise
tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with
internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors,
etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus
that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our
employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs,
generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of
choice for the global energy business and one of the nation's
largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and
terminalling service provider; our strength is to create
of expertise around our products, technologies and client
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in
furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action,
including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c)
consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Buckeye Partners, L.P., Corpus Christi , Specialist, HSSE Safety II, Other , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!