Company: Brooks County Independent School District
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Brooks County ISD
Direct and manage the district's instructional technology program.
Develop and implement districtwide technology-based staff
development and training programs to facilitate the effective use
of technology tools in instructional programs. Contribute to the
development of short- and long-range plans for the integration of
technology into the instructional program. Qualifications:
Master's degree preferred
Knowledge of instructional software applications
Knowledge of technologies available for use in instructional
Knowledge of curriculum design and implementation
Ability to develop and deliver technology training to adult
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
5 years experience working with instructional software Major
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the development and implementation of a comprehensive
staff development plan for the use of instructional technology in
- Provide staff development to teachers and administrators in the
use of teaching techniques that incorporate technology in the
delivery of existing curriculum.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to principals and
other district personnel in the planning, implementation, and
evaluation of effective instructional technology throughout the
district. Curriculum Development
- Work cooperatively with other curriculum development staff to
smoothly and effectively integrate technology into the
- Coordinate the writing of curriculum for technology-based
- Develop and implement a continuing evaluation of the
instructional technology program and implement changes based on the
findings. Budget and Inventory
- Compile cost estimates used in the budgeting process and
administer the instructional technology budget ensuring that
program is cost-effective and funds are managed prudently.
- Coordinate the selection of instructional technology equipment
and software. Maintain a database of all instructional software and
licensing in the district.
- Provide expertise in developing bids for purchase,
distribution, maintenance, and installation of hardware, software,
and other technological equipment and materials used for the
instructional programs. Policy, Reports, and Law
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures regarding
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized
reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law,
State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Select, train, supervise, and evaluate instructional technology
staff and make recommendations relative to assignment, retention,
discipline, and dismissal.
- Develop training options and improvement plans for
instructional technology personnel to ensure best operation of
programs. Supervisory Responsibilities:
Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of campus
technology specialists.* Working Conditions:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment, including personal
computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Prolonged sitting. Occasional bending/stooping,
pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and
use of mouse. Occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15
Environment: Frequently work prolonged or irregular hours. Frequent
Keywords: Brooks County Independent School District, Corpus Christi , Technology Director, IT / Software / Systems , Falfurrias, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!