Field Service Technician
Company: Flowserve Corporation
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Role
Summary: Our Field Service Technician's will travel to customer
locations to troubleshoot and repair all Flowserve Control Valve
Business Unit products, solicit the sale and installation of spare
parts. Our Field Service Technician's may also repair and overhaul
competitor's valves when needed. This position also involves the
use of valve diagnostic systems for predictive and preventative
maintenance. They will need the ability to troubleshoot equipment
returned to the factory for failure analysis. Answering customer's
questions over the telephone or by e-mail in order to solve
problems as well as analyzing parts and equipment that have been
returned to the factory for failure evaluation are essential in
this position. Flowserve offers competitive pay, annual bonuses,
medical benefits on day 1, generous paid vacation time, paid
holidays, pension plan, 401(k) and many other excellent benefits.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Advise plant personnel on correct maintenance and operating
- Provide both the company and the client an accurate record of
work performed, and actions taken, with conclusions and
recommendations as required.
- Check equipment after installation and prior to startup of
valves and associated equipment within the allotted time and in a
professional manner, assuring that all customers' problems are
handled with a minimum delay.
- Perform valve walkdowns at customer facilities for large outage
- Write clear, concise daily reports to keep customer and manager
apprised of job progress.
- Conduct required onsite safety training and requirements,
complete JSEA prior to work performed, and maintain a safe work
- Identify and attend training to develop personal knowledge and
- Troubleshooting and repairing equipment in the field. The
equipment will primarily consist of Flowserve Control Valve
products but may also include control valve products of other
- Provide technical support to customers whether emailed or
- Assist the engineering department with failure
- Conduct diagnostic testing on control valves and interpret the
results. Testing can be via SoftTools, Profiler, ValveSight, FAST
Test, or StarTalk XP software. Requirements
- 3-5 years experience with refineries and chemical plants,
troubleshooting and repairing valves and actuators.
- Must have a clean driving record and background screen with
- Ability to explain digital and mechanical concepts and
articulate recommendations in detail.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Instrumentation and process
control and the elements in a flow loop (PID control, flowmeters,
different process sensors, transmitters, valves, analog and digital
communications, DCS, PLC, and asset management systems).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power
- Excellent writing and documentation skills regarding
engineering reports and other documentation.
- Proficient with demonstration equipment: audio-visual,
electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic equipment; knowledgeable in
removing, installing and starting-up digital products including
- Must be a self-starter capable of working independently with
little to no supervision
- Capable of collaborating with instrument engineers, site
engineers and technicians
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical designs, engineering
drawings, and schematics
- Physical activity is required, including frequent lifting up to
50 pounds, ascending/descending ladders, and staircases, and
climbing and reaching in, under, and around large equipment, often
- Comprehensive knowledge of main valve competitors (Fisher, MN,
Metso, Samson, CCI). Electric actuation competitors are a plus
(Limitorque, Rotork, Auma, EIM, Coester, etc.). Preferred
Experience / Skills:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, valve
automation, and instrumentation.
- Ability to read/interpret pneumatic schematics to tube valves
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Microsoft Office Applications Experience (i.e.: Excel, Word,
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical repair of valves and valve
- Knowledge of electricity and electronics.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read and understand schematics, wiring diagrams, and
overall system drawings.
- Experience with the use of Process meter/4-20mA, Loop Tester,
Signal Generator and Power Analyzer.
- Familiarity with industrial network protocols (HART, Foundation
Fieldbus, Profibus, DeviceNet, Modbus based protocols).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills \#COS Primary
Posting Location: Corpus Christi, Texas US Job Advertising Title:
Field Service Technician Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time Country: United States Auto req ID:
55581BRFlowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or
protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will
also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for
inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain
circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn
more.If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Corpus Christi , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!