Systems Engineer / System Administrator for Managed Service Provider
Company: Straight Edge Technology, Inc.
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: May 12, 2022
We need a team member that is excited about working at an
MSP...More specifically, we need a System Administrator that is
Humble, Hungry, and Smart!Do you want to work at a Security focused
MSP that is growing, an MSP that has a framework to build processes
and follow them? Do you want to work for Professional Clients who
also want to improve their network?Does your current MSP seem
disorganized and chaotic? Are you burnt out and working too many
hours?Founded in 2006, Straight Edge Technology is a company
committed to excellence and working with purpose. We have a dynamic
and challenging environment, one that encourages teamwork and
fosters professional growth. Our support team is top notch and
looking for a teammate with a great attitude to join the crew to
close issues and solve problems.
So, what does a Systems Engineer do?
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain,
and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be
part of a talented team that demonstrates superb technical
competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring
the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer
systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
Do you have what it takes?Our team of engineers need to respond to
detected issues so fast that our clients don't even know they
needed our help.You'll need strong interpersonal skills, the
ability to communicate about highly technical issues, strong
attention to detail and, most importantly, a knock-'em-dead
attitude! We need you to be open to ideas and to bring your own new
ideas to the team. We offer a fun, engaging, supportive environment
in which your talent can thrive. So, if you're looking for a place
where you can constantly learn more, be more and contribute to a
team, this is it.
Does this sound just like you so far? Okay, good. Read on.
Essential Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Analyzes problems from a systems perspective, isolates to
hardware or software issue and carries through to resolution.
- Provides IT support relating to technical issues involving
Microsoft's core business applications / Azure / Office 365, as
well as virtual environments built on Citrix and VMware
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows
Server, Azure, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and
LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Remote
Desktop / Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- System documentation to include system reviews and
- Travels to customer sites to perform work when appropriate
(company vehicle provided).
- Maintains familiarity with industry best practices.
- Communicate effectively with customers and the Service
- Actively participates in team and company meetings.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems,
application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and
- Monitor and test application performance for potential
bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers
to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level supportRequirements
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related
subject, or a combination of 5+ years of experience and recent
equivalent training (college graduate, technical school graduate or
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of PC operations and
- Experience with monitoring systems and automation software
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Sophos or Meraki Firewall
- Hosted Exchange in O365
- Terminal Services (RDS) or Azure Virtual Desktop
- Small Business Networks
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019PREFERRED (one or
- Microsoft MCSA, MCSE or MCITP
- Meraki Network Stack (Firewall / Switch and Access point)
- Cisco CCNA
- Citrix CCA
- VMWare VCP
- Network + Certification
- A+ Certification
- Attention to Communication
- Written Communication
- Customer Orientation
- Personal Credibility
- Diagnostic Information Gathering Analytical Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Stress Management
Physical activity of this position:
Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling,
lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and
repetitive motion.Physical requirements of this position:
Medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of
force constantly to move objects.Visual acuity requirements:The
worker is required to have close visual acuity and use of computer
monitor screens up to 80% of the time.Work conditions:The worker is
not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such
as in typical office or administrative work.)
- Competitive Pay
- Company subsidized medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Company Retirement Plan
- Subsidized Gym Membership
Keywords: Straight Edge Technology, Inc., Corpus Christi , Systems Engineer / System Administrator for Managed Service Provider, IT / Software / Systems , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!