Company: Driscoll Children's Hospital
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Description:GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Operation of the Hospital's calls handling system. Answers all
incoming calls promptly and courteously. Completes the necessary
service. Pages hospital staff, doctors and other personnel. Locates
doctors and other staff who are "on Call and delivers messages.
Monitors and plays vital role in all code alarms.
- Exercising appropriate age-specific safety practices when
interacting with customers, patients, and families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job
description is not intended to be all-inclusive; employees will
perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the
immediate supervisor and/or hospital administration as
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are
ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity guidelines
- Answers all telephone calls coming into the hospital main
switchboard and forwards them to the appropriate person.
- Receives any messages or records from personnel and relays as
- Pages physicians making rounds, hospital staff and resident
physicians on call.
- Maintains calls and messages for Driscoll clinics and
physicians offices after hours, weekends and holidays.
- Maintains a list of employee names and numbers as provided by
the Human Resources department.
- Ensures all pending messages and information is relayed to
on-coming relief operators.
- Monitors fire alarm console(s) and other systems in the
Communication's room and follows pre-determined protocols when
these systems go into alarm.
- Utilize electronic system directories within the switchboard to
verify staff/patient/departmental information (i.e. extensions,
pager #'s, room #, etc)
- Follows departmental protocols for insuring patient
confidentialityEDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: ---High School Diploma
or general education degree (GED); 6 to 12 months related call
center or PBX operator experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.--- Personal computers
basic skills experience.--- Ability to type requests, messages,
Classification:Part-time Regular (40-71 hrs/pp)Work Schedule:Night,
Keywords: Driscoll Children's Hospital, Corpus Christi , PBX Operator, IT / Software / Systems , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!