Company: Driscoll Children's Hospital
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: June 21, 2022
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:The primary responsibility of the
Athletic Trainer is to provide rehabilitative care to injured
athletes and patients under the direction of the Sports Medicine
physician. The Athletic Trainer will educate the patient regarding
injury prevention, rehabilitation, wellness and other health-
related topics as directed by the physician. AGE-SPECIFIC
COMPETENCE:Must demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to
provide appropriate care to the age of patients served on unit.
Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and
development and possess the ability to assess data reflective of
the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information
needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their
needs. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
for the primary population of patients served in the
- Exercising appropriate age-specific communication skills when
interacting with customers, patients, and families.
- Exercising appropriate age-specific safety practices when
interacting with customers, patients, and families. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. This job description is not
intended to be all-inclusive; employees will perform other
reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate
supervisor and/or hospital administration as required.
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are
ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity
- Demonstrates clinical competence in the provision of effective
service delivery appropriate to the patient's specific needs and
- -Understanding medical diagnosis and treatment
- -Following established rehabilitation protocols based on
- -Providing education to parent and patients in an ongoing
- -Completing charges on a daily basis.
- -Completing patient documentation on a daily basis with
- Demonstrates effective use of time for direct and indirect
patient care as well as departmental responsibilities.
- Delivers competent age-appropriate patient care, integrating
infection control and body substance precautions, patient safety,
body mechanics and knowledge of growth and development.
- Identifies patient/family needs for services from ancillary
departments and provides follow-up and referral, as necessary, in
collaboration with the physician and professional nursing
- Serves as liaison between the patient, nursing, physician and
- Responsible for data collection and data entry (patient
- Provides patient home exercise protocols as directed by the
- Provides patient brace/crutch fitting and product
- Stocks examination/treatment rooms, as appropriate.
- Follow all HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
- Support effective patient care flow through the clinic.
- Coverage of area schools at multiple grade levels and a variety
- Includes traveling to these locations, bringing medical
supplies, setting up and taking down of tables or booths.
- Cover area school summer camps, weight rooms and/or
- All other assigned duties. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have, at minimum, a State of Texas License for Athletic
Training and a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university. Preferably, the candidate will also have a National
Certification in Athletic Training.
- Must have experience with athletes in numerous sports
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.-Maintain current Athletic
Trainer licensure in the State of Texas-Maintain certification by
the National Athletic Trainer's Association
Keywords: Driscoll Children's Hospital, Corpus Christi , Athletic Trainer, Human Resources , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!