Company: GEO Group Inc.
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Facility: Coastal Bend Detention Center
Compensation Base: 14.60
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compiles payroll data to complete payroll cycles and maintain
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, time tracking,
taxes, insurance, and garnishments to be withheld, and employee
identification number, from time sheets and other records.
- Prepares computer input forms, enters data into computer files,
or computes wages and deductions and posts to payroll
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions,
insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update
master payroll records.
- Records data concerning transfer of employees between
- Prorates expenses to be debited or credited to each department
for cost accounting records.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and
- Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepares and issues paychecks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Two (2) years of progressive experience in a clerical or
payroll capacity. Working knowledge of payroll procedures. General
- Above average organizational and communication skills. Ability
to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written
instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and
regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company
records; and to meet and deal effectively with employees and
inmates. Must be able to deal with people in a variety of changing
and complex situations.
- Ability to prepare basic written reports.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Keywords: GEO Group Inc., Corpus Christi , Payroll Clerk, Human Resources , Robstown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!