Food Service Worker
Company: Education Service Center 2 Consortium
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Job Title: Food Service Worker Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Reports to: Cafeteria Manager
Dept./School: Food Service Department
Work under moderate supervision and prepare and serve appropriate
quantities of food to meet menu requirements. Maintain high
standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety
Food Handlers Card
Ability to understand food preparation and safety instructions
Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production
Ability to operate large and small kitchen equipment and tools
Ability to perform basic math.
Food Service, computer skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Food Preparation and Serving
- Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested,
- Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies,
and procedures and practice and promote portion control and proper
use of leftover food.
- Store and handle food items and supplies safely and according
to established procedures. Maintain a clean and organized storage
area.Safety and Sanitation
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety
standards and follow established procedures to meet high standards
of cleanliness, health, and safety.
- Keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any
conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.Other
- Handle and record cashier functions accurately.
- Help record food requisitions and orders necessary
- Maintain daily food preparation records.
- Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff
- Complete annual continuing education requirements.Supervisory
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors;
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard large and small kitchen equipment
and tools including electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, sharp
cutting tools, stove, oven, dishwasher, and food /utility cart.
Posture: Prolong standing: frequent kneeling/squatting,
bending/stoop, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
Motion; continual walking: frequent climbing (ladder),
grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension reaching/overhead
Lifting: Frequent moderate lifting and carrying (15-40 pounds)
Environment: Work inside in commercial kitchen environment:
exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, extreme humidity,
noise, vibration, microwaves, biological hazards (bacteria, mold
fungi), and chemical hazards (fumes, vapors, gases), electrical
hazards: work with hands in water; work around machinery with
moving parts; work on slippery surface
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions: maintain
emotional control under stress.
Additional Job Information
Free $10,000.00 Life Insurance
Low Cost Health Insurance
Low Cost Supplementary Insurance: Vision, Dental, Disability and
Keywords: Education Service Center 2 Consortium, Corpus Christi , Food Service Worker, Hospitality & Tourism , Taft, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!