Food Service Worker, (Cook I), Cmty Cor -Corpus
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Open Interviews everyTuesday & Thursday from 10AM - 2PM CST 1515
N Tancahua St, Corpus Christi,TX 78401 (361) 883-1004
Receive a $2,000 bonus,paid in increments based on length of
service. Joining our Community ofHeroes is the first step towards
accumulating employee rewards. Apply and learnmore about our newest
perk.At CoreCivic we care for people! CoreCivic is currently
seeking a Food Service Worker, Community Corrections who has a
passion for providing the highest quality care in a residential
setting. Who We Are: CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of
high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services
and residential and non-residential transition centers. We provide
effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare
individuals for success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee,
CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and
over 50 community residential and non- residential centers. Our
employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of
professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives. What You Get To
Change the lives of those in your care!The Food Service Worker,
Community Corrections performs high volume food preparation of
average difficulty and/or leads residents in food production
activities. Follows proper food handling procedures to ensure
compliance with processes, food preparation methods and sanitary
- Participate and/or lead resident workers in the preparation of
meals and special diets in accordance with standard menus and
recipe cards approved by a registered dietitian.
- Assist and/or leads residents in cleaning the kitchen and
equipment, cooking and baking volume meals and receiving and
- Assist in and/or direct the serving of meals in accordance with
feeding schedule and in compliance with standards to include
portion control, temperature and proper serving procedures.
- Conduct inspections of equipment and work area, to include
kitchen, storeroom, pantry, service and dining areas, for
compliance with the requirements of all applicable policies,
procedures, rules, standards and/or health, sanitation and safety
laws; reports results of inspections as required.
- Assist in maintaining inventory and in ordering and receiving
food and food preparation supplies.
- Maintain a variety of routine records and prepares routine
reports such as food stores, meal counts, work schedules,
production records, temperature logs and resident disciplinary
reports; properly process all reports and documents in a timely
- High School diploma, GED certification
or equivalent is required.Experience in food service and good
knowledge of volume food service operation, including safety and
sanitation is preferred.Must meet all state and local government
food handling requirements.Must be available to work any hours, any
shift.A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Corpus Christi , Food Service Worker, (Cook I), Cmty Cor -Corpus, Hospitality & Tourism , Robstown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!