SLP - Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Pathfinder Pediatric Home Care
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: November 10, 2019
We're currently looking for a Speech Language Pathologist to join
our team! Full time, Part time, PRN, and Supervisor
available.Pathfinder Pediatric Home Health is a family owned
business. We have over 20 years of experience in providing
physical, occupational, and speech therapy services to the children
of Texas. We rely on an extended family of employees who have
developed a loyalty to the business because of the family values
espoused from one generation of leadership to the next.Employee
BenefitsPathfinder Pediatric Home Health cares for our therapists.
We want you to feel like you are part of our family. That is why we
offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package:
- Competitive Compensation / Visit Rates
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Generous CEU Reimbursement
- State of the Art Technology (Point of Care System, Tablet Touch
- Supportive Office Staff
- Supervisory Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Direct Deposit
- Relocation AssistanceCommunity Involvement
- The Woodlands Marathon
- Walk Now for Autism Speaks - Houston Walk
- Buddy Walk - Houston Walk
- Buddy Walk - Brazos ValleyCheck us out on our Facebook page!We
pride ourselves on working with experienced professionals and new
graduates alike to develop and enhance the skills of every member
of our therapy team. Our employees love the flexibility that our
program offers. Whether you are looking for a full time caseload or
something less intensive, Pathfinder has a program that will work
for you.Are you a new graduate and/or new to Pediatric Home
Health?As a Speech Language Pathologist, you make a difference in
the life of every child that you treat. Our company strives to
ensure success with our mentor program. Each new member for the
program is required to spend a minimum of four weeks with their
mentor co-treating one on one. Members with previous experience may
be able to shorten the minimum requirement to meet their needs as
agreed upon with management of the clinical staff. At the
completion of the four week mentor program you will begin a gradual
transition to your own case load. Through the mentor program you
will learn techniques specific to pediatrics, time management
skills, how to manage schedules, effective ways to interact with
families and caregivers, as well as company policies, procedures,
and software systems.Job Summary:A registered professional who
assists children with their individual needs to guide them in
developing the skills necessary to become functional and
- Diagnoses and evaluates speech and language skills as related
to educational, medical, social, and psychological factors.
- Plans, directs, or conducts rehabilitative treatment programs
to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with
communication problems of organic and non-organic etiology.
- Provides counseling and guidance and language development
therapy to disabled individuals.
- Reviews individual file to obtain background information prior
to evaluation to determine appropriate tests and to ensure that
adequate information is available.
- Administers, scores, and interprets specialized hearing and
- Develops and implements individualized plans for assigned
clients to meet individual needs, interests, and bilities.
- Reviews treatment plan, and assesses individual performance to
modify, change, or write new programs.
- Maintains records as required by law, establishment's policy,
and administrative regulations.
- Attends meetings and conferences and participates in other
activities to promote professional growth.
- Instructs individuals to monitor their own speech and provides
ways to practice new skills.
- Provides supervision for SLPA s.Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited College or University
- Texas State License in Speech Language Pathology
- Valid Texas Driver's License
- Reliable Transportation
- Automobile Liability Insurance
- Current CPR Certification
- TB Screening
- Ability to work independently and maintain a positive,
- Continued education is contingent on successfully maintaining
current required certification(s) and/or license(s)Mission
StatementPathfinder works hand in hand with the families we serve
to positively impact the lives of children. Our goal is to provide
each patient with outcome oriented care tailored to put each child
on a path to physical and social independence. Associated topics:
cfy, language, language pathologist, slp, slpa, speech, speech and
language pathologist, speech language, speech language pathologist,
Keywords: Pathfinder Pediatric Home Care, Corpus Christi , SLP - Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!