Charge Registered Nurse (RN) - Rehab
Company: Corpus Christi Medical Center
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Corpus Christi Medical Center - Corpus Christi, TX
Charge Nurse (RN) - Rehab Unit
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women's Health Center
Corpus Christi Medical Center is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) - Rehab Unit.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients and attends weekly staffing as assigned.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Rehabilitation Nursing and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment on the unit. Ensures patient/guardian signs Privacy Act upon admission.
- Maintains competency in performing all skills outlined in the Rehabilitation Nursing Competency Skills list.
- Participated in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care. Will participate in peer review and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for direction of emergent care in crisis situation in a calm, knowledgeable manner.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging unit, as appropriate.
- Responsible for administration of medication administration, knowledgeable of actions, indications, adverse drug reactions, and route of drug administered.
- Maintains clear and respectful communication with patients, family, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Assist physician with special procedure.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA Code of Conduct as part of our Ethics and Compliance program.
- Attends annual training sessions.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- BSN is preferred.
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current BLS certification
- Two years of experience as a rehab nurse is required. Experience as a charge nurse or management position preferred.
Keywords: Corpus Christi Medical Center, Corpus Christi , Charge Registered Nurse (RN) - Rehab, Healthcare , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!