STATE DIRECTOR, HEALTH SERVICES
Company: BrightSpring Health Services
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: November 14, 2023
STATE DIRECTOR, HEALTH SERVICES
US-TX-HOUSTON - US-TX-CORPUS CHRISTI
Line of Business
BrightSpring Health Services
BrightSpring Health Services
Travels to locations within area of responsibility to evaluate
process, delivery of care and interpret Company policies to
facilitate compliance. Assists and directs operations to improve
clinical process. Analyzes clinical data and recommends/directs
improvement activities; acts as subject matter expert regarding
clinical operations issues; educates staff to maximize performance.
Oversees and direct the activities of clinical staff, responsible
for the provision of nursing and health services. Provides
oversight for health and safety, survey management, incident
management, MAR/EHR applications, training and education for
nursing staff and Direct Support Professional as required by
delegation standards. Oversees residential operations in achieving
the highest quality of health care services for consumers.
Supervises the Directors of Nursing in the delivery of nursing
services recommending system development and implementation at the
operation to enhance quality of health service delivery. Advise
personnel on health maintenance and disease prevention. Supports
all nursing services in assigned State.
* Develops and implements appropriate support plan to meet
specific, objectives and responds to negative trends in performance
metrics (outcomes, quality audit results, surveys, etc.) by
assisting local operations and nursing leadership in the
development of action plans to resolve local issues.
* Mentors/directs operations to ensure the provision of quality
service is consistent with applicable government laws/regulations
and company policies/guidelines and clinical practice standards (in
compliance with applicable boards of nursing)
* Collaborates with operations management to assist in meeting
business and clinical objectives - supporting the health and
wellness of persons served, the provision of quality care and
supporting current business activities, and future growth.
* Mentors local operations and clinical leadership in understanding
clinical aspects of the reimbursement process; provides education
to improve documentation ensuring accurate reimbursement for
* Provides direction regarding clinical process improvement methods
and guides staff in the implementation of new
* Provides education on Company policy, clinical process and
procedures for local clinical and operations leadership and direct
* Interviews and evaluates candidates for local operations and
clinical leadership positions, providing consultation with the
hiring manager and recruiter in making the hiring decision.
* Facilitates implementation of Company initiatives, changes in
* Collaborates and coordinates efforts with the corporate clinical
and quality department to ensure consistent direction to field
locations and support in meeting company goals and objectives.
* Proactively identifies issues impacting care of persons served
and collaborates with local leadership in driving improvement in
* Ensures that there is a nurse on call after hours for all homes
(and may participate in on-call duties in the event of call-off or
* Reviews incident reports - provides assessment and follow up, and
coordinate the completion of mortality reviews in conjunction with
operations for submission to Regional Director of Clinical Practice
* Provides consultation services to nursing personnel including but
not limited to medication administration and all aspects of the
health and wellness of persons served.
* Primary resource for all nursing personnel in assigned State to
teach, coach, mentor, train, and precept.
* Provides oversight for and resource in the application of
QuickMar and EHR.
* Participates in and conducts investigations as requested (attends
company investigator training.)
* Facilitates communication and serves as a liaison between
operations and nursing staff and community medical
providers/professional consultants to collaborate on care
* Works with nursing personnel on survey preparation/ chart
reviews/staffing concerns/ED utilization and hospital admission
* Provides survey management support/ follow-up/and coordination of
corrective actions plans
* Monitors reports received from nursing to ensure timely medical
* Provides consultation on medically fragile individuals or those
with complex care needs and disease state management.
* Acts as a facilitator for complying with financial obligations in
response to staffing needs, medications orders and identifying
* Provides feedback and recommendations to operations leadership
regarding necessary changes and revisions as it relates to nursing
* Acts as a resource for local operations and clinical leadership
as they consider new admissions/placements to ensure they are
* Ensures that there is an active Infection Control program and
adequate PPE resources are available.
* Complete performance evaluations on direct reports as outlined by
the company procedures.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
* Must have at least 2 years nursing management /supervisory
experience, including at least one year 1 year of IDD or SNF
* License as a Registered Nurse (RN), current and in good standing
in assigned geography
* Valid driver's license from state of residence
* 50 - 75% in-state travel based on needs of individuals served and
About our Line of Business
BrightSpring Health Services is a leading provider of complementary
home and community-based pharmacy and health services for complex
populations in need of chronic and/or specialized care. Through the
company's pharmacy and provider services to seniors and specialty
(including behavioral) populations, we provide comprehensive care
and clinical services in 50 states to over 360,000 customers,
clients and patients daily. The company's services foster greater
patient and family satisfaction, improve outcomes and reduce health
care system costs, and are supported by industry-leading quality
outcomes. For more information, visitwww.brightspringhealth.com.
Follow us onFacebook,TwitterandLinkedIn.
USD $95,000.00 - $107,000.00 / Year
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: BrightSpring Health Services, Corpus Christi , STATE DIRECTOR, HEALTH SERVICES, Healthcare , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!