Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) Medical Technologist with Corpus Christi Medical Center you
can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving
back!BenefitsCorpus Christi Medical Center, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the Corpus Christi Medical Center family! We will give you the
tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are
looking for an enthusiastic Medical Technologist to help us reach
our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and
- Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the
Medical Technologist performs routine, complex or specialized
bacteriological, hematological, chemical, immunological,
serological and immunoassay procedures on body fluids.
- Requires no supervision for processing specimens, performing
testing, or reporting results. No review of patient results is
required prior to reporting.
- Maintains required competencies in all departments
- Demonstrates accuracy for all testing performed.
- Observes patient safety, risk management and infection control
policies and procedures
- Performs related quality control and required proficiency
testing according to policy and procedure.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and
to continue personal and professional growth.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance
improvement activities on the unit and with other service
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time
management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting
cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of
care. To actively market services to increase volume and
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to
protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate
compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and
uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of
social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians,
nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for
continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance,
punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude,
personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the
unit, facility and organization.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and
practice ethically and with integrity. Reports to: Laboratory
Director/Laboratory ManagerJob Requirements:
Bachelor Degree in a Chemical,
Physical, Biological, or Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory
Science (MT/CLS) from an accredited institution. Or be qualified
under CLIA guidelines for MT/CLS. This role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved). is a 630+ bed healthcare system of hospitals in Corpus
Christi and the surrounding Coastal Bend community. Bay Area is our
full-service acute care hospital and offers state-of-the-art
cardiovascular services, bariatric, GYN and robotic surgery. The
Women's Center at Bay Area, with its NICU Unit, is also the home of
our graduate medical education program. Doctors Regional is our
acute care hospital, with a 24-hour emergency department, cardiac
catheterization labs, orthopedic and surgical services, and
inpatient rehabilitation. The Heart Hospital offers complete
diagnostics, treatment, surgery and rehabilitation for cardiac
patients. Northwest Regional/Northwest Behavior Health Center
provides emergency medical services, laboratory, imaging services
and outpatient behavioral health services. Bayview Behavioral
Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient short-term treatment for
psychiatric patients ages 12 years and older, as well as substance
abuse treatment. Northshore Emergency Center is a full-service 24-7
emergency department in Portland that offers outpatient laboratory,
imaging and occupational services. Radiation Oncology offers
advanced technology for treating cancer with the latest and most
specific radiation therapies available. Our programs focus on the
needs of individual patients, while employing the latest techniques
and research of 21st-century medicine. HCA Healthcare has been
recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the
Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "There is so much good to do in the world and so many
different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Medical Technologist
opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient
care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Corpus Christi , Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!