Registered Nurse CVICU HRT
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionCorpus Christi Medical Center The Heart
Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology
enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about
delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for
Registered Nurse CVICU HRT position and spend more time at the
bedside with the patient.BenefitsCorpus Christi Medical Center The
Heart Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether
you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role,
shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver
clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Corpus
Christi Medical Center The Heart Hospital!Job Summary and
QualificationsWhat you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the CVICU
and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve
the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue situations and implements life-saving
measures per ACLS protocol.
- Interprets ECG rhythm strips and evaluates 12-lead ECG's.
- Monitors and titrates IV vasoactive, antiarrythmic and other
- Assists with insertion of arterial lines, pulmonary artery
catheters and IABP.
- Monitors invasive pressures such as those above.
- Draws blood from arterial, CVP and other invasive lines.
- Assesses critically ill patients in an ongoing manner, per
- Accompanies and monitors patients going to other department for
- May accompany patients in transport during interfacility
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit as neededWhat
qualifications you will need:
- One year of current Cardiovascular Intensive Care experienced
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current TX Licensure as an RN.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification within 90 daysThis
role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).Corpus Christi Medical Center
is a 630+ bed healthcare system of hospitals in Corpus Christi and
the surrounding Coastal Bend community. Bay Area is our
full-service acute care hospital and offers state-of-the-art
cardiovascular services, bariatric, GYN and robotic surgery. The
Women's Center at Bay Area, with its NICU Unit, is also the home of
our graduate medical education program. Doctors Regional is our
acute care hospital, with a 24-hour emergency department, cardiac
catheterization labs, orthopedic and surgical services, and
inpatient rehabilitation. The Heart Hospital offers complete
diagnostics, treatment, surgery and rehabilitation for cardiac
patients. Northwest Regional/Northwest Behavior Health Center
provides emergency medical services, laboratory, imaging services
and outpatient behavioral health services. Bayview Behavioral
Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient short-term treatment for
psychiatric patients ages 12 years and older, as well as substance
abuse treatment. Northshore Emergency Center is a full-service 24-7
emergency department in Portland that offers outpatient laboratory,
imaging and occupational services. Radiation Oncology offers
advanced technology for treating cancer with the latest and most
specific radiation therapies available. Our programs focus on the
needs of individual patients, while employing the latest techniques
and research of 21st-century medicine. HCA Healthcare has been
recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the
Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care,
our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients,
communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive Join a family
that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing
candidates for our Registered Nurse CVICU HRT opening. Apply today
and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.We are
an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Corpus Christi , Registered Nurse CVICU HRT, Healthcare , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!