Purchasing Agent - Community Health Center
Company: Community Action Corporation of South Texas
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral SummaryThe Purchasing Division within the
Accounting Department of Community Action Corporation of South
Texas (CACOST) is responsible for the procurement of a wide variety
of products and services as related to the different needs of each
program within the Agency. The Community Health Center Purchasing
Agent will support the division in the procurement of products and
services by processing purchase requisitions, requesting quotes
from vendors, and performing other functions related to procurement
in addition to basic office responsibilities.
- Performs all procurement-related duties in accordance with all
applicable federal, state, and agency policies and
- Reviews and processes all assigned purchase requisitions
submitted by approved personnel while ensuring all requisition
forms are correct and accurate; ensures that purchasing requests
are necessary and reasonable.
- Creates and maintains purchase orders from completed purchase
requisitions while including all proper documentation and
distributes to proper internal personnel and/or vendors.
- Communicates with approved external vendors for quote requests,
pricing negotiations, order submissions, shipment updates, bid
invitations, and other procurement-related purposes to ensure
proper documentation and on-time delivery.
- Communicates any significant updates to proper internal
personnel regarding open orders, quotes, and/or other
procurement-related information essential to decision-making.
- Collaborates with all accounting divisions and/or other
internal personnel to resolve and avoid any procurement-related
- Performs central receiving tasks, such as maintaining receiving
records, signing packing lists, scheduling delivery appointments,
ensuring that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet
specifications and other related functions.
- Assists in the maintenance of all inventory-related processes,
including, but not limited to, asset tagging and tracking.
- Assists in monitoring legal and regulatory requirements
pertaining to procurement.
- Promotes and adheres to CACOST core values (Accountability,
Excellence, Integrity, Quality, and Teamwork)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Procurement Manager,
Director of Accounting, or Executive Director.Work
- Three (3) years of administrative office work
- Three (3) years of purchasing experience
- One (1) year of healthcare experience with a focus on
- Associates Degree in Business/Healthcare or a certificate in
Business/Healthcare from a 2 year university or technical
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare
Administration or related field.Skills Required
- Using initiative, discretion and judgment within established
procedures, guidelines and rules.
- Defining problems; establishing facts and drawing valid
- Managing situations requiring diplomacy, fairness, firmness and
- Reading, understanding, interpreting and applying local, state
and federal policies, laws and regulations regarding procurement
- Preparing and analyzing bids and specifications.
- Providing efficient and effective customer service.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships
with department heads, managers, supervisors, employees, vendors,
suppliers, contractors, chambers and external public and private
- Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Operating a computer and various software applications,
especially Microsoft and Adobe.
- Time managementPhysical RequirementsLight to medium physical
duties include standing, walking, reaching, bending, hearing,
talking for up to eight (8) hours a day. Must be able to work on a
computer for a minimum of 6 hours a day. Must be able to lift
twenty (20) pounds. Lifting will be primarily confined to
occasional on premises lifting of boxes of office supplies and
minor office equipment. Non-physical demands include performing
multiple tasks simultaneously, the ability to meet multiple
deadlines, judgement decisions and working closely with others as
part of a team.
Keywords: Community Action Corporation of South Texas, Corpus Christi , Purchasing Agent - Community Health Center, Healthcare , Alice, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!