RN - Dermatology - Corpus Christi, Texas - Med Surg
Company: Driscoll Children's Hospital
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: August 3, 2022
RN - Dermatology - Corpus Christi, Texas --
General Purpose of Job:
The staff nurse (RN) is a Licensed Registered Nurse who provides
direct nursing care to assigned patient/patient population.-- The
staff nurse utilizing the nursing process, plans, and delivers
effective patient care within the frame work of Driscoll Children's
Hospital vision of excellence and integrated care delivery.-- The
staff nurse complies within the established standards and clinical
guidelines reflective of evidence-based best practice.-- The
practice of the staff nurse contributes to creating an environment
that is patient-focused-family centered and designed to provide
continuation of care and patient self-care competencies across the
continuum. Bilngual a plus.--
- Exercises appropriate age-specific communication skills when
interacting with customers, patients, and----------
- Utilize age specific teaching methods when working with
patients and families.
- Interacts in an appropriate manner based on developmental
- Positions patient based on an understanding of developmental
- Implements safety measures that are appropriate to
- Uses age appropriate equipment and supplies.
Essential functions and behavioral expectations:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.-- The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; employees
will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned
by the immediate supervisor and/or hospital administration as
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are
ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity
- Highly organized and stong attention to detail.--
- Strong initiative to complete task and assume--additional
- Demonstrates the ability to change behaviors and plans to meet
rapidly changing/competing job demands (new or unusual
- Reacts effectively under pressure, and motivates others to
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.--
- Must be able to work with a diverse patient population and have
exceptional customer service skills.
Education and/or Experience:
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
Current RN license in the State of Texas or Compact State
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations.
Delete category if not applicable.
Licensed in State of Texas as an RN
BLS required upon hire
Certification in specialty preferred
Keywords: Driscoll Children's Hospital, Corpus Christi , RN - Dermatology - Corpus Christi, Texas - Med Surg, Healthcare , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!