Company: Driscoll Health
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Where compassion meets innovation and technology and our
employees are family.Thank you for your interest in joining our
team! Please review the job information below.General Purpose of
Job:The Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist routinely in the
preparation, filling, and delivery of medications. Serves as a
liaison to assist in the appropriate and timely delivery of
information and pharmaceutical products to the customer.Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ReasonableAccommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are
ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity
- Assists in the preparation and/or selection of
- Assures all orders are prepared accurately, are labeled neatly
and correctly, and verified by a pharmacist prior to dispensing
according to departmental procedures.
- Participates in medication cart filling and assures that all
doses dispensed are consistent with the medication cart fill
- Understands the legal limitations of pharmacy technicians and
refers problems or situations requiring professional judgement to a
- Correctly re-establishes priorities based on workload and
- Ensures that medication doses are delivered within established
- Delivers medications to patient care areas and clinics as
- Completes medication credits and restocks returned medications
in a timely manner.
- Answers phone calls promptly and politely by stating
departmental area and name.
- Completes annual aseptic technique certification by skill
validation with a qualified observer.
- Assists the Pharmacy Buyer to assure the pharmacy is adequately
stocked with needed medications and supplies.
- Checks for and investigates missing medication doses.
- Process pharmacy requisitions for nursing units, clinics and
other hospital departments.
- Orders supplies (i.e. IV room stock) for departmental use from
- Restocks inpatient areas and IV room on a daily basis.
- Pre-packages unit dose items to maintain an ample supply of
medications on hand at all times.
- Maintains a work environment that is clean, neat and
- Completes and documents daily and monthly Q/A checklists
including refrigerator logs, hood cleaning, and expired medication
- Identifies and removes expired medications in assigned areas
- Ensures accurate revenue capture and accurate patient billing
by correctly entering billing information into the computer.
- Accurately prices and fills outpatient prescriptions.
- Maintains outpatient prescription files according to department
policy and completes filing daily.
- Serves as a teacher and trainer for new pharmacists and
- Routinely checks all available means of communication including
e-mail and mailbox.
- Communicates with co-workers when leaving the work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Education and/or
Experience:High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
or one to three months related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.Certificates,
Licenses, Registrations.Pharmacy technicians must be registered
with the State Board of Pharmacy. Continued certification through
the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board is not required but
Keywords: Driscoll Health, Corpus Christi , Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!