Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Driscoll Health
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Where compassion meets innovation and technology and our
employees are family.Thank you for your interest in joining our
team! Please review the job information below.General Purpose of
Job:To provide Speech Language Pathology services to patients of
the Driscoll Children's Health System. Assist with coordination of
specific departmental activities and/or servicesEssential Duties
- Maintains the utmost level of confidentiality at all
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are
ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity
- Assesses patient needs by selecting, administering, and
interpreting appropriate evaluation tools.
- Educates patient and family members regarding evaluation
findings and recommendations/plan of care.
- Develops goals that are functional, developmentally
appropriate, time-sensitive, and measurable.
- Complies with clinical documentation requirements.
- Develops, instructs, and verifies an understanding of the home
program as appropriate with patients and family members.
- Participates in a variety of patient care-related team
- Participates in departmental meetings.
- Participates in process improvement.
- Communicates with referring and community physicians to
maximize patient care, establish a professional relationship and
develop a consistent referral base. Informs Manager of any
- Maintains billable productivity level as required.
- Generates suggestions for improving work processes.
- Provides Holiday/Weekend on-call/patient-care coverage as
- Provides in-services within the department, hospital, and
professional and lay communities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrates the ability to use computer/software applications
required for the job.
- Complies with infection control responsibilities in the
- Assumes the role of care coordinator when appropriate.
- Will occasionally drive for Driscoll Children's Hospital
- May occasionally participate in a community visit for the
benefit of the patient.Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication
- Doctoral degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication
DisordersCertificates, Licenses, Registrations Required:
- Current Texas Licensure as a Speech-Language Pathologist or
current Texas licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence or Clinical Fellow
Status with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Current BLS certification.
Keywords: Driscoll Health, Corpus Christi , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!