Infection Prevention Nurse RN
Company: Brookdale Trinity Towers
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Overview:Make Lives Better Including Your Own. SIGN ON BONUS
Relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. They help
us create a welcoming and inclusive community among our residents,
associates and patients that feels like family. They guide us to be
open in our communication with each other, and enable us to make
the right decisions for the people who have entrusted us with their
care. Our relationships and integrity work together to create a
positive impact in the lives of the people we touch.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive a competitive compensation and
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. You'll earn more
than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career
through professional development, as well as ongoing programs
catered to your overall health and wellness - physical, mental,
emotional, and financial. Most of all, we believe you can find
purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your
best possible self, join us!
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and
regulations.Responsibilities:Provides care to residents in
accordance with physician orders, recognized standards of practice
and established company policies and procedures. See Infection
Prevention Addendum for additional job duties.
- Implements and coordinates the delivery of care in
collaboration with physician and resource health care personnel.
Ensures resident rights are maintained at all times.
- Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning,
implementation, and evaluation) in applying nursing knowledge.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding nursing care,
care plans, observation of the residents' overall condition and
behavior, Medicare charting, admission, discharge, and patient
- Maintains a working knowledge of company policies and
procedures and Clinical Systems. Adheres to company systems,
processes, and procedures.
- Provides functional direction and assistance to Charge Nurses
and CNAs. Completes new staff orientation as assigned.
- Directs resident care to include making rounds on a timely
basis to ensure continuity of care. Ensures proper utilization of
community supplies and equipment. Answers call lights as needed.
Sets up and administers prescribed medications and treatments
including IV therapy; operates a variety of medical equipment as
- Completes monthly/quarterly assessments and documentation as
assigned. Attends care plan meetings as assigned. Acts as resident
- Communicates effectively with the residents, families,
visitors, members of the health care team, and other
- Participates in screening potential admission and placement of
prospective residents in the community in order to ensure competent
- Actively participates in community's Quality Assurance
Performance Improvement Program. Monitors and assesses clinical
systems for concerns and trends and reports findings to Nursing
- Must have working knowledge of community's emergency
procedures, including fire and disaster drills, OSHA regulations,
and infection control standards.
- Attends training to stay abreast of current and emerging
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his her
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
Graduate from Accredited Nursing School and a minimum of one to two
years related experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Current State RN License. Basic CPR/first aid training. Fire safety
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on
precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using
standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to
supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires
basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work
environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as
exceptional customer service skills. Identifies and resolves
problems in a timely manner. Ability to prioritize and plan work
activities. Ability to organize tasks and work area. Possesses the
ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant
such action. Demonstrates an interest in working with a senior
population. Ability to establish an effective working relationship
with all departments and the community. Excellent organizational
and follow-through skills. Demonstrates attention to detail.
Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and email
(Microsoft Outlook or Exchange preferred). Possesses basic typing
skills. Ability to maintain resident confidentiality.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: OccasionallyBrookdale is an equal opportunity
employer and a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Brookdale Trinity Towers, Corpus Christi , Infection Prevention Nurse RN, Healthcare , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!